Rip off Britain!

Bulletguy

Probably most expensive place in the so called United Kingdom. So Queer Stammer chose to hold the G7 there and his Health Minister (who he refused to sack and said the case was closed) took his bit on the side there at our expense.

Whilst the local foodbank had to close for a fortnight so as not to get in their way.

Someone in the comments reckons the cheapest B&B they could find in that area was £2000 for two weeks and £5000 for a hotel. Sounds right as even the camping pods (self catering) here on the Yorkshire coast are about £2000 for two weeks. No wonder motorhomes are in demand. I guess people will pay it though if they are desperate for a holiday and some will have probably saved money over the pandemic not going anywhere, working from home etc.

I guess its supply and demand really, if people are prepared to pay it then its not really a rip off and I guess the hospitality industry has suffered more than most sectors so they will need to recoup some of that if possible.

Anyone want to rent a lovely old house in the heart of the north Yorkshire dales? £5k a week! Bargain compared to that gaff in Cornwall. (lol)

Barryd999 - 2021-07-05 9:10 AM

Someone in the comments reckons the cheapest B&B they could find in that area was £2000 for two weeks and £5000 for a hotel. Sounds right as even the camping pods (self catering) here on the Yorkshire coast are about £2000 for two weeks. No wonder motorhomes are in demand. I guess people will pay it though if they are desperate for a holiday and some will have probably saved money over the pandemic not going anywhere, working from home etc.

I guess its supply and demand really, if people are prepared to pay it then its not really a rip off and I guess the hospitality industry has suffered more than most sectors so they will need to recoup some of that if possible.

Anyone want to rent a lovely old house in the heart of the north Yorkshire dales? £5k a week! Bargain compared to that gaff in Cornwall. (lol)

Nobody in their right mind would pay £71 grand for one week self catering in a house on a housing estate. I know it's Britain but surely there's some sanity left in the mad hole? It won't cost you anywhere approaching that for a weeks stay in 5 star luxury where only the seriously wealthy go.

I'm not sure mh's are in the demand you think either. I'm still seeing vans on AutoTrader which were there six months ago. And unless you spend most of the time in Scotland you'll struggle to stay off sites in England, most of which are daft prices.

Bulletguy - 2021-07-05 3:39 PM

Nobody in their right mind would pay £71 grand for one week self catering in a house on a housing estate. I know it's Britain but surely there's some sanity left in the mad hole? It won't cost you anywhere approaching that for a weeks stay in 5 star luxury where only the seriously wealthy go.

Oh I dunno

Inequality has increased far more than people realise under Queer Stammer's Government. Could be one of Hancock's pub landlords made a £billion out of us on PPE, 'World Beating' Test & Trace contracts - if thats the only private house not booked, they don't want to mix with the likes of me and they really want to go :-S

No wonder motorhomes are in demand.

I've stayed there many times in my stalth camper but I don't know where you would park a motorhome.

Last one I heard parked down there the Nimbys called the police https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/police-called-after-large-motorhome-4132383

One woman said to me people paid over a £million pounds for this view ..and council tax...and you park in front of their window and get it all for now't (lol)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-07-05 4:59 PM

I've stayed there many times in my stalth camper but I don't know where you would park a motorhome.

Last one I heard parked down there the Nimbys called the police https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/police-called-after-large-motorhome-4132383

One woman said to me people paid over a £million pounds for this view ..and council tax...and you park in front of their window and get it all for now't (lol)

Typical freeloading Scottish Miser *-) .............

I'm not sure mh's are in the demand you think either. I'm still seeing vans on AutoTrader which were there six months ago. And unless you spend most of the time in Scotland you'll struggle to stay off sites in England, most of which are daft prices.

There are three models of motorhome that I am interested in and there isn't a single one for sale in the uk. Some of the prices I've seen for "sold" vans on ebay earlier in the year are crazy so I think there is a demand. Maybe for the right vans perhaps.

Yes some sites are sky rocketing in price. There is an aire car park I saw a while back with no facilities. Might have been Devon or Cornwall and it was forty quid a night or something. Still bargains to be had though. Field I'm on right now is £8 and I'll get a discount. Then off to the Scottish Isles and then the lake district for the back end. Lake district might cost a bit but it will mainly be cl sites

pelmetman - 2021-07-06 8:12 AM

freeloading what?

I pay road tax for the road I park on.

And always put something in the box at Tesco for the foodbank that had to close to make way for Queer Stammer BoJo to come from London in his private jet at your expense, and his very wealthy health minister to bring his bit on the side to the G7 at your expense. So who was freeloading down there *-)

Barryd999 - 2021-07-06 9:12 AM

There are three models of motorhome that I am interested in and there isn't a single one for sale in the uk. Some of the prices I've seen for "sold" vans on ebay earlier in the year are crazy so I think there is a demand. Maybe for the right vans perhaps.

Yes some sites are sky rocketing in price. There is an aire car park I saw a while back with no facilities. Might have been Devon or Cornwall and it was forty quid a night or something. Still bargains to be had though. Field I'm on right now is £8 and I'll get a discount. Then off to the Scottish Isles and then the lake district for the back end. Lake district might cost a bit but it will mainly be cl sites

They were talking about this on todays Vine show on R2. Not motorhomes but commercial vans. Apparently there is a serious shortage due to people buying them to convert to PVC's as it's a good way of getting exactly what you want in van interior layout. Typically the result has been prices in the second hand market have gone potty and one guy who phoned in was saying he normally replaces his vans every three or four years with new but there are none available (can't remember the make now), but used ones of his make/model are selling for almost what he bought at three years ago.

Another one has popped up now which The Times describes as a "cottage". *-)

Staycation boom puts price tag of £107,000 a week on Suffolk cottage

A holiday rental in Suffolk is being listed for more than £100,000 a week as property owners are accused of seeking to profiteer from booming staycation demand.

The three-bedroom house in the village of Wenhaston is currently priced at £107,000 for seven days’ accommodation, more than three times the average UK annual salary.

The listing boasts of “wonderful views of the countryside” and a “hot tub in the garden”, adding: “Once you arrive you can relax and really enjoy yourself with a glass of wine or relax in the large garden.” Visitors with pets will have a £20 surcharge added to their bill.

Other eye-watering listings to be found on the site include a £3,000-per-week stay in a caravan in Newquay, Cornwall, and a seven-bedroom home in Sunningdale, Berkshire, priced at £33,000 for one week.

Rental firms and property owners have been criticised for looking to exploit holidaymakers forced to spend their summer in Britain by travel restrictions.

https://tinyurl.com/5tpapje2

291080055_RipoffBritain.JPG.bd72df51963568a626ec09c080d52d6d.JPG

Bulletguy - 2021-07-06 4:20 PM

They were talking about this on todays Vine show on R2. Not motorhomes but commercial vans. Apparently there is a serious shortage due to people buying them to convert to PVC's as it's a good way of getting exactly what you want in van interior layout. Typically the result has been prices in the second hand market have gone potty and one guy who phoned in was saying he normally replaces his vans every three or four years with new but there are none available (can't remember the make now), but used ones of his make/model are selling for almost what he bought at three years ago.

According to a news item today, shortage of vans is due to massive increase in on-line ordering - and deliveries.

Seems logical to me.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-07-06 11:52 AM

pelmetman - 2021-07-06 8:12 AM

freeloading what?

I pay road tax for the road I park on.

And always put something in the box at Tesco for the foodbank that had to close to make way for Queer Stammer BoJo to come from London in his private jet at your expense, and his very wealthy health minister to bring his bit on the side to the G7 at your expense. So who was freeloading down there *-)

How much do you pay the local council to pick up your Sh*te? *-) .............

pelmetman - 2021-07-07 8:20 AM

How much do you pay the local council to pick up your Sh*te? *-) .............

I always put a donation in the foodbank at Tesco which covers the cost of collecting my contribution to the dog waste bin.

I also pay Council Tax

Although its lower than England

On account of your .34p *-) you send to St Nicola to buy our votes and maintain Queer Stammer's empire at your expense.

and she turns into £billions in a greater miracle than Christ's feeding of the 5,000 (lol)

QueerStammer.jpg.88ff293c45bda31f75476c099cbc0e2f.jpg

malc d - 2021-07-06 6:15 PM

According to a news item today, shortage of vans is due to massive increase in on-line ordering - and deliveries.

Seems logical to me.

I suspect its both - and factory production cut by covid

New van stocks were low when I bought one a couple of months ago - just looked and its worse now

Very little stock in the motorhome dealers too

My old X2/50 has started a new life as my garden shed / spare parts and I have even had people round wanting to buy it. Even when I tell them its losing power and belching out smoke doesn't put them all off.

malc d - 2021-07-06 6:15 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-07-06 4:20 PM

Seems logical to me.

Amazon are going all electric with Mercedes and already have some in UK and plan to add more than 1,800 vans to their EU fleet. Bad news for the forums Germanophobe. (lol)

https://www.business-live.co.uk/retail-consumer/amazon-rolls-out-20-electric-19633278

Archived