Adria Matrix, 2016, ceiling fly screens

stevec176

I’ve just noticed that your enquiry relates to a 2016 Adria Matrix, not to the 2016 Rapido 665f shown in your forum Profile.

You haven’t said which 2016 Matrix model you are interested in, but online photos suggest that all the coachbuilt models (Fiat or Renault based) will have a roof-window over the cab and (probably) another roof-window over the habitation area. (I’ve attached a photo of a 2016 Matrix Supreme 687 SLT as an example.)

My Rapido’s over-habitation-area is a REMIS-made wind-up type, whereas the over-cab window is a POLYPLASTIC product ‘push up’ type. The REMIS window’s flyscreen does not have easily visible guide cords - though they may well be present on the flysceen’s side-edges - but the POLYPLASTIC window’s flyscreen clearly does have several front-to-rear guide cords.

There is online advice for ‘restringing’ Dometic “Heki” roof-windows, but I don’t know if that’s the case with other makes.

Sorry Derek for the ambiguity, asking for a friend. There is a skylight above the bed and the cord has broken so how do you remove the plastic frame, there doesn't appear to be any screws, does it just clip into position or hidden screws?

My fault for not reading your enquiry’s title...

Some rooflight 'cosmetic’ frames may be held in place by screws that are concealed by small circular plastic covers that can be tricky to remove - but the presence of such covers in the frame should be obvious.

If there are no covers, it may be assumed that the cosmetic frame clips to another ’structural’ frame that is screwed to the ceiling.

These HEKI-related links may help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ClAZ6l6pw

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/heki-rooflight-removal.179748/

Archived