How long is a lead?

Tomo3090

Ours is 100 feet, reassuringly long for those sites (in France) where its nice to park where you want and still reach the hookup point.

However most CC and C&C sites in the UK are compact and bijou (compared to those in rural France) and won,t require such a long lead.

Don,t forget, irrespective oh how much lead you need it must ALL be unwound and spread about when in use. If half of it is left coiled up it can get very hot and melt the insulation.

Possibly not the "done" thing, but I carried around two cables, one about 10m, and one about 20m. I used whichever is best suited for the location, or join the two together for the longest runs. Never needed anything longer than that.

b6x - 2007-04-11 8:33 AM

Possibly not the "done" thing, but I carried around two cables, one about 10m, and one about 20m. I used whichever is best suited for the location, or join the two together for the longest runs. Never needed anything longer than that.

Yes we do the same but with a 15 and 25m. I am aware that there are issues with joining plug and sockets but it has never caused us a problem so far.

Bas

Ah well, it seems size does matter after all!! :-D :-D

That's the trouble with this motorhome game, you always need a bit more equipment. I think I will chance my arm with the 25 metre job and rely on my batteries and inverter for everything else.

Guest starspirit
Life is too short and so is my lead so we leave it home and just use battery, gas and diesel for our own trouble free umbilical cordless energy solution.

Archived