Addicted to money printing

John52

Another £500,000 spaffed up the wall appealing to have Gove's "conviction" overturned

"The statement issued by Downing Street when Michael Gove lost the Public First case (“We welcome the judgment”) might almost have made you think he had won. He didn’t of course – and the finding he had broken the law by awarding a contract to friends of Dominic Cummings was a powerful vindication of Good Law Project’s analysis of the Government’s attitude to public money as “institutionalised cronyism”.

In any event, Mr Gove has now revealed the truth of who actually won in the High Court by deciding to appeal the decision. You can read the (highly critical) decision of Lord Justice Coulson giving him permission here.

We think his decision to spend more public money on an appeal is likely to be driven by a desire to postpone a further embarrassing loss in a separate challenge we are bringing. We are challenging another lucrative contract awarded to allies of Michael Gove, this time to a company called Hanbury. It was due to be heard later this month but will now be delayed.

However, the appeal gives us a chance to plan to revivify the arguments we ran below that there was time for a proper competitive tender process and/or no need to give such a long and valuable contract without any tender process.

All of that having been said, we have to recognise Government spent an extraordinary £500,000+ on a one day hearing below - approximately twice what we managed to raise to fight and win the case. With that in mind, we have decided to reopen our crowdfunding page."

If it was you or I we would have to pay our own legal fees

But the rules which apply to the rest of us don't apply to them

What I still can't get my head round is, after all the lies and broken promises,

raiding public coffers to dish out money and favours to their real mates,

people still listen to them and vote for them.

Call him 'Boris' as though he is their mate when he is taking the p*ss out of them,

lying to them and fleecing them left right and centre.

When I ask (why they still listen to hm and vote for him after all that) they do what 'Boris' does -

they either don't reply, or change the subject.

Usually to a Nasty character assasination of someone else entirely.

Archived