Just returned from first ever MH trip

Way2Go

Hello peeps,

We've just returned from our first ever motorhome trip and can happily report that it was a complete success.

We've caravaned for many years but after a 3 year gap decided to go back but this time in a motorhome and I'm sooo pleased we did.

As you may have picked up in other threads, we've bought the Bessacarr E560 (fixed bed) with Elegance Pack.

We've never driven or camped in a motorhome before so we have nothing to compare it with and can only speak of it as a new experience.  But, we thought it might help others who were 'on the edge' of buying one.

The new Fiat Ducato is without doubt a fantastic drive.  The 6 gears are easy to find and the performance is pretty good for a 3 1/5 ton vehicle.  Visibility is good although the side windows cause a certain amount of  head movement at road junctions due to their design.  The wing mirrors are split and are brilliant.  They give a very good view of what's to the side and behind you.

There is a rearview mirror but all you see is the bed!  The drop down LCD screen and rearview camera is activated when reverse is engaged.  As Dave Newell correctly stated elsewhere, the view ain't great but some tweaking will show you what you need to avoid.

The inside is very comfortable with lots of skylights which leads to a bright and airy milieu.

The cooker and enormous fridge/freezer and equal to domestic standards.  There are very few switches for 'the domestics' and instead everything is set and adjusted by the computerised system on the panel over the door.

We are very pleased to have joined the 'wave as you go' club.

david lloyd - 2007-04-11 6:25 PM

Well now that the first one is out of the way it will just get better and better.

That's certainly been our experience in the last 10 months since we bought ours.

Hope you have many more successful trips.

Graham

W2Go.

Brilliant really pleased for you before you know it you will desert us and be off all over the place.

Really glad you had a positive experience. I have to say we were very impressed on our first trip also, especially when on the shuttle we just fell asleep until in france . Woke up and said why didn't we do this years ago...

Enjoy.

Glad to hear that you have enjoyed your first 'outing'. The next thing you need to do is to join a Club and go along to rallies or 'Meets'. There are many clubs to join but all that I belong to welcome new members and will put you under no obligation to join in any activity, although you will be welcomed if you do join in. You don't say your location but all the larger clubs are active throughout the country. I feel the best clubs for Motor Caravanners are the Motor Caravan Club and The Camping & Caravanning Club. Normally neither club require you to book, and if you live in the South-West of England, then the Devon & Cornwall Group of the Motor Caravan Section of the latter club are always looking for new members. Both the organisations cater for Motor Caravanners ( as their names imply) and you can be sure of a relatively inexpensive weekend on a fairly level site with like-minded people. Whatever you do, enjoy yourselves, (lol)

Hi W2Go

I know the way you feel althougth we have been Motorhoming for 35 years they were all relitive bangers compared to the one we have just bought and its like learning all over again, although all our other motorhomes where our pride and joy and had many exellent trips in them there is nothing like a new vehicle to make you feel good

Wellcome to the thong of happy wavers

Terry

Archived