230v indicator light defective

redcross15

The 230v indicator light on my Dethleffs motorhome is no longer illuminating when plugged in. Everything is actually going ok when plugged in but it is obviously irritating not to know whether you've plugged in correctly as this light no longer illuminates, resorting to boiling the kettle to make sure it's on.

Any ideas what I should be checking or is there some bulb I have to replace. Cheers

The model is a Globebus T6 GT, Can t photo control panel as it's in storage at present but it comprises of the voltage indicator lights, dial with battery conditions, dial with water tank levels and clock. I haven't tried removing the four screws holding it in place at this stage.

I believe the Globebus T6 GT model was introduced not too long ago (2017?) and that its electrical system uses Schaudt products.

I THINK a Globebus T6 GT will have a MP 20-T control panel (image attached below) as described in this link

Link to Dethleffs website

As the control-panel has a ‘light’ to indicate when the motorhome is connected to a live 230V power supply and this light no longer illuminates even when it’s obvious that the vehicle is hooked up, it’s reasonable to assume that the light itself (almost certainly an LED) or the panel has failed.

On that basis, the options seem to be to have the control-panel professionally checked and repaired/replaced if the inspection proves that the light (or the panel) is at fault

http://shop.apuljackengineering.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=112&product_id=157

or follow Colin’s practice and plug something into one of the motorhome’s 230V sockets to indicate that the vehicle is hooked up.

An alternative to Colin’s nightlight might be a UK mains socket tester (example here)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313566533671?hash=item4902059827:g:24MAAOSw5bZg1G52

that would not only show that hook-up has taken place, but also whether there are any problems with the 230V supply.

(Edit to shorten link to correct page width error)

panel.png.ebece2c26ddcd9669a9f886f70da873f.png

Thanks to all for your assistance, think we will purchase the socket tester and adopt Colins nightlight idea and get it looked at professionally when it's next in for service, hoping we won't have to buy one of those expensive control panels. Cheers.

Archived