Fiat Headlights Again

Guest Geoff

Guest Geoff
Since buying my Fiat based Laika new in Jan.2004 it has had very little use after dark.From new I was unhappy with the headlight performance and asked the Fiat dealer to check and adjust them when the vehicle had it's first service.This was shown on the invoice as having been done. Only recently have I used the lights and could not see any improvement. I checked the aim and direction of dip against the garage door and found that one light dipped to the right and one to the left, oh dear who needs technology. The servicing dealer told me that he would change the incorrect light but the cost would be down to me as Fiat would be unwilling to change the light under warranty as it should have been picked up at the PDI.(This from a dealer who had missed it when they adjusted ?? them?) When I rang Fiat Customer Services department to ask their advice I encountered a most unhelpful response. Their procedures only allow customers to speak the person that answers the telephone who is unable to offer any help whatsoever.The telephonist is only allowed to take details of the problem and then sends the details to another location for someone to review the circumstances of the case. I was told that this person might contact me at some future date, if not would I ring again after a few days. It is the poor response from Fiat that annoys me much more than the fact that there is an obvious defect which has been missed by both the PDI dealer and the servicing dealer. Not very reassuring or very satisfactory. Meanwhile I have a vehicle which is not street legal and FIAT could not be less helpful.

Guest keith rollinson
i bought an 04 adria on a 2.8 fiat, and also was worried about the lights. At the first service i was informed that the lights had not been changed when the vehicle was imported (it is left hand drive, but the speedo etc had to be changed to comply with uk standards. Fiat said it would cost me around £80 to buy a uk set, but after speaking to my selling dealer (glossop caravans)they agreed that as the vehicle was illegal on the road, then they were responsible for fitting the correct headlights. which they did. good service. if your headlights were faulty at pdi, then your vehicle was sold in an unfit and illegal state. your dealer must surely be responsible for correcting the problem.

Guest Geoff
Hi Keith Thank you for your post. I have not contacted my dealer yet, I will do so after the holiday when I think they will be helpful. Foolishly I thought that a quick phone call to Fiat would solve the problem. Well done Glossop Caravans.

Guest Mike C
Hello Geoff, See the thread Fiat Headlamp converters 22nd May this forum for discussion on arrow markings on headlight units. I will stay off Fiat and getting information from them or I should say not getting information. Regards, Mike C.

Archived