CARAVAN CLUB RULES

Wills Wagon

Guest starspirit

Seems like a sensible rule to me given some folks tendency these days to be selfish and inconsiderate and not clean up when they have finished using a sink - or anything else come to that?

Not that CC members are any worse that any other segment of our ever lovely society.

Who the heck is sad enough to wash a barbee? There is not enough time in my life to do the things I want to, never mind those I don't!

Besides, use throw away grills and a wipe with a damp cloth then an antiseptic wipe will clean your other equipment for next time. And if in the unlikely event someone does get sick you will be off down the road by the time the Imodium has done it's job!! :-D :-D

I can understand not washing the BBQ in the washup area, but the equipment? What's wrong with cleaning tongs, spatulas etc, or isn't that the kind of equipment they mean! :-S

Second thoughts ... not sure I really want to KNOW what equipment they mean! 8-)

Before we went 100% gas griddle we used to carry a plastic bucket and scrubbing brush specifically for cleaning the barby. But the tongs etc got washed up in the sink tokether with all the other cuttlery.

But in the south of France only gas BBQ,s are allowed on camp sites because they can be turned off instantly if necessary - and we have (eventually) got used to this.

Our regular sites in France were quite lax on these rules until a few years back when the authorities did some spot checks and threatened the site owners with the loss of their license if they did not enforce the rules banning wood / charcoal BBQs.

Wills Wagon - 2007-04-11 8:00 PM

How about this one from the dishwashing area at the Ferry Meadows Caravan Club site Peterborough.

"PLEASE DO NOT WASH YOUR BARBEQUES OR EQUIPMENT IN THESE SINKS"

I wonder what they will think of next?

Was wondering where to stop off on our way down to Kent at the end of August. Ferry Meadows seems quite attractive now.

Graham

colin - 2007-04-11 11:25 PM The one thing I hate about going on holiday is washing up, if the CC installed dishwashers it might convince me to join (lol)

I generally take the washing up machine with me - it sits in the passenger seat and constantly complains about my driving........

Queried this jokingly when there two weeks ago, it means:

Please do not wash the actual firepit part of the BBQ as the bits of ash and charcoal block up the sinks pipes, OK for Grill and tongs etc. Equipment means stuff like pegs, steps etc. It appears they once had someone washing all the awning pegs, poles etc as they were taking it down, again the mud can block the pipes.

Sounds fair enough to me.

Pity they don't have the same rule about pasta and peas.  They always seem to festoon the sinks long after the washer up departed.  Nastiest I remember was a French coastal site, where all the seafood was cleaned in the washing up sinks and the debris left behind in the sun.  Glad we were up wind!

Fetch & Carry - 2007-04-12 12:23 PM Queried this jokingly when there two weeks ago, it means: Please do not wash the actual firepit part of the BBQ as the bits of ash and charcoal block up the sinks pipes, OK for Grill and tongs etc. Equipment means stuff like pegs, steps etc. It appears they once had someone washing all the awning pegs, poles etc as they were taking it down, again the mud can block the pipes. Sounds fair enough to me.

Totally fair and reasonable.  Just a shame they can't clearly write what they mean.  Poor old Chris would never have complained if he'd understood.

Hi Brian

Yeah, think the problem comes from how far you go with a notice, what may seem clear to one in not to someone else at Hollands Wood last weekend had so many notices that they were too many to fit the actual notice boards, they were everywhere, everything from Hire of Jump leads to the Easter Egg hunt :-)

Wills Wagon - 2007-04-11 8:00 PM How about this one from the dishwashing area at the Ferry Meadows Caravan Club site Peterborough. "PLEASE DO NOT WASH YOUR BARBEQUES OR EQUIPMENT IN THESE SINKS" I wonder what they will think of next?

After seeing what some people have used these sinks for over the years, we never ever use them.

Basil - 2007-04-13 10:03 AM Just to add to bazza454's comment about his washing up machine, did you know that wedding dresses are white because all domestic appliances come in white? Bas Tin hat on heading for the trench now!!

Let's Swap Positions

"Darling" says a husband coyly to his wife: "let's swap positions tonight". "What a good idea" she replies, "you stand in front of the ironing board, and I'll sit in front of the TV and fart".

Funny how these threads seem to drift sometimes...... 

Archived