Yet another Brexit bonus for British workers.........

Guest pelmetman

From your link.....definitive PROOF Brexit is a contributory factor behind the shortage and loss of EU drivers.

The shortage of drivers is contributing to food supply problems that have become apparent to shoppers as they are presented with empty shelves in stores. Brexit and the loss of many European drivers, the large-scale “pinging” of workers who may have been exposed to people with Covid, and delays in HGV driving tests are contributory factors behind the shortage

Its great that some wages will increase. Of course the Aldi customers might not be so keen when that cost is passed onto them but its still good (for those drivers).

However it reminds me of a brilliant post that Brian posted back in 2017. Ill paste his words and a link

Apologies to Antony for using this post as a peg on which to hang a hat, but I do wonder if a few facts (as reliable as I can get, culled from Wiki, in turn based on ONS figures ).

The total population of the UK in 2015 (latest ONS estimate based on 2011 census, my rounding) is 63,400,000.

Within this (based on the same source, for consistency, on the same basis), there is an EU born population of 3,250,000.

Ditto, but non-EU born, is 4,500,000.

So, the net, UK born, native population is 55,650,000.

It is stated elsewhere that UK unemployment is presently 1,860,000 (about 5/5%).

It is also stated that of EU born migrants about 80% are in work.

Of UK nationals about 75% are in work.

Of non-EU born migrants about 62% are in work.

However, the main point is that with a total non-UK population of 7,760,000, and present unemployment of 1,860,000, we'd be in a bit of a fix if all the migrants were to leave, wouldn't we?

So, as some immigrants leave the UK every year, for various reasons, the idea that immigration can be radically reduced seems a bit unrealistic, don't you think?

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Happy-E-days-are-here-again-/46591/31/

So where are all the farmers, factory workers, lorry drivers etc going to come from no matter how much money you throw at them?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-08-02 10:38 PM

So where are all the farmers, factory workers, lorry drivers etc going to come from no matter how much money you throw at them?

I suspect they will come from the EU ;-) .............But they will no longer be able to sell the Big Issue and claim benefits >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman

Nice to see us Brexiteers being proved right yet again B-) ...........

We said cheap EU labour was keeping Brits wages down ;-) ..........

No doubt our resident NASTY money grubbing Lefties will resent paying a few pennies more for their grub *-) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-08-03 9:00 AM

Nice to see us Brexiteers being proved right yet again B-) ...........

We said cheap EU labour was keeping Brits wages down ;-) ..........

So you voted to increase prices? I don't recall that ever being on Leaves manifesto though you were told by Remain labour costs would increase leading to increased prices to all consumers......which you dismissed as "project fear" and "scaremongering".

Cheap EU manual labour has been openly encouraged by successive governments as this article explains very clearly

It was a UK decision not to control immigration. No EU rule forced the UK to admit so many non-EU citizens.

https://www.bruegel.org/2017/02/questionable-immigration-claims-in-the-brexit-white-paper/

No doubt our resident NASTY money grubbing Lefties will resent paying a few pennies more for their grub *-) ...........

Says the hypocrite who buys cheap upholstery cloth from Spain before January to avoid paying customs duty because he couldn't afford to buy British.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-08-03 10:57 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-08-03 5:59 AM

I thought no one would invest here

Who told you that?

You LOSERS ;-) ..........

How many times did Bullsh1tguy tell us the car industry would collapse? (lol) (lol) (lol) .............

Archived