Thatcher started climate change in UK

Bulletguy

Johnson has sparked fury for ‘crass’ remarks claiming that Margaret Thatcher kick-started green energy in Britain by closing the country’s coal mines.

He made the comments towards the end of a two-day trip to Scotland, in which he declined an official meeting with first minister Nicola Sturgeon to discuss the country’s Covid-19 recovery.

Mr Johnson also provocatively said another referendum on Scottish independence was ‘about as far from the top of my agenda as it is possible to be’.

But his remarks about the coal mines appear to have sparked the most anger. Johnson said: ‘Look at what we’ve done already. We’ve transitioned away from coal in my lifetime.

‘Thanks to Margaret Thatcher, who closed so many coal mines across the country, we had a big early start and we’re now moving rapidly away from coal altogether.’

Putting thousands of folk out of work always has been a speciality of the Cronyvirus party. The spineless coward is also obviously scared stiff of Nicola Sturgeon. :-|

https://tinyurl.com/37tze65c

Funny enough when I saw something about miners strike t'other day I thought the same, 'we got away from coal early', then I remembered the truth, we instead switched to imported coal giving jobs to those 'Johnny foreigners' instead of British workers.

So did Maggie hate the British, or was she just thick? After all she gave jobs to rest of world, started in motion the relaxing of banking rules which went all tit's up, and helped Islamic terrorists to set a in Afghanistan which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of British soldiers.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-08-07 1:12 PM

Funny enough when I saw something about miners strike t'other day I thought the same, 'we got away from coal early', then I remembered the truth, we instead switched to imported coal giving jobs to those 'Johnny foreigners' instead of British workers.

So did Maggie hate the British, or was she just thick? After all she gave jobs to rest of world, started in motion the relaxing of banking rules which went all tit's up, and helped Islamic terrorists to set a in Afghanistan which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of British soldiers.

Blimey Colin 8-) .........

You really have gone full on Lefty :-| ........

Even I know Afghanistan is due to Labour & Blairs F*ck Up *-) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-08-07 3:21 PM

So you don't know SFA then, Maggie and Ronnie handed out arms and money to terrorists in Afghanistan by the bucket load, one of the worries of the Blair/Bush 'war on terror', was how much they had left to shoot down allied aircraft.

colin - 2021-08-07 3:43 PM

So you don't know SFA then, Maggie and Ronnie handed out arms and money to terrorists in Afghanistan by the bucket load, one of the worries of the Blair/Bush 'war on terror', was how much they had left to shoot down allied aircraft.

Don't be confused about Dave calling you a " lefty " Colin,- it just means he doesn't agree with you.

He describes everyone who says anything he disagrees with as either a ' lefty ' or a ' loser ' as It seems he has a very limited vocabulary and can't ' argue ' any other way.

;-)

Unintended consequences, eh? :-D Maggy duffed up the miners to break the trades unions, and gets credit for foreseeing the climate crisis, and then gets the blame (along with Regan) for arming the mujahideen in Afghanistan against the Russians in the Afgan proxy war against Russia. Funny old world, isn't it? What did Macmillan say, "events my dear boy, events"? What lesson should we draw from those events?

Brian Kirby - 2021-08-07 7:04 PM

Unintended consequences, eh? :-D Maggy duffed up the miners to break the trades unions, and gets credit for foreseeing the climate crisis, and then gets the blame (along with Regan) for arming the mujahideen in Afghanistan against the Russians in the Afgan proxy war against Russia. Funny old world, isn't it? What did Macmillan say, "events my dear boy, events"? What lesson should we draw from those events?

Yeah lets not forget old Bin Lid was once the poster boy for the US when his mujahideen were scrapping with Russia for 10 years. They gave him all the weaponry they could dream of. Same when the US troops pulled out of Iraq, they left loads of weaponry and vehicles behind which IS grabbed. Somewhere on YouTube there's a clip of an elderly Iraqi lady scolding two IS men in a truck for using American weapons etc. In a way it's funny but also she's right.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-08-07 3:43 PM

I know enough to know that we never had folk that follow a certain religion, shouting Allaha Ackbar and stabbing innocent folk all over the Western world until Blair & Bush ignited the Jihad blue touch paper *-) ...........

Archived