Battery 2 Battery Chargers

andystaffs

I'm brand new to campervanning . Just got ourselves a Vivaro with a brand new conversion.

Discovered it has B2B charger. Does this mean that the only means of charging the leisure battery is to go on a long drive ? I thought I could use the external hook up cable to recharge at home over a weekend but it appears not . Is this right ? All advice greatfully received.

If there is no 230v mains charger and no solar, then yes, the only way to charge the battery is to drive. The drive time required will depend on a number of things eg size of battery and how discharged it is and output of B2B.

Lots of people on here with more technical knowledge than me, but it would help if you advised

- professional conversion if so by who, and model

- make and model of B2B

- make, model and Ah of leisure battery (or more than one?)

As said above, if this is the only charging source, then your assumptions are correct. How long you need to drive will depend on its output and battery. But it will never be ideal, at least when it comes to lead batteries, as they usually require charging times that will defeat most drivers. It gets you most of the way to full, but not quite there.

So in most cases a B2B will NOT be the only source. Either you plug in and/or you have a solar setup to properly charge a battery and keep things running when stationary.

Archived