Fiamma f80s storm straps

trialsrider

Hi there

Just ordered storm straps for the f80s awning. Could anybody give me a heads up on how they attach. I had to buy the straps in two parts as the specific ones for my awning were out of stock. I had to get an additional pair of clips to fit my specific awning. The photo shows the correct storm straps with the correct clips. I now have these clips but obviously my instructions (if there are any) will be for another set up. Could someone advise me what part of the awning they attach to and how. I have no time to get to the van this week to figure it out myself and we are away in it on the weekend.

Screenshot_20210816-085514_copy_180x360.png.028135315a4b9ab2a138d544abae8850.png

Screenshot_20210816-092808_copy_360x720.png.1a1677cfa7e05f2a17c39cafbc7bf514.png

Hi along the front of the awning is a small groove, the small end of the hook clips into that. The rectangular metal link goes on the larger hook. The straps clip together and the spring goes onto the triangle link and onto the peg. Giving the straps a few twists stops them flapping and making a noise in the breeze. The wind can rip off the awning even when strapped so never leave it up when not about.

Regards David

Many thanks for the info. A great help.

davidmac - 2021-08-16 12:47 PM

Hi along the front of the awning is a small groove, the small end of the hook clips into that. The rectangular metal link goes on the larger hook. The straps clip together and the spring goes onto the triangle link and onto the peg. Giving the straps a few twists stops them flapping and making a noise in the breeze. The wind can rip off the awning even when strapped so never leave it up when not about.

Regards David

davidmac - 2021-08-16 12:47 PM.........................The wind can rip off the awning even when strapped so never leave it up when not about. Regards David

Also, gusty winds can create quite violent movement of the awning, leading to a lot of banging and crashing. The two springs on the straps help to cushion this, but the canopy will billow up like a square rigged sail (which, in effect, it becomes in wind) with the two articulating rafter poles flexing at their "elbow" joints as the canopy billows. The only practical way to halt this is to wind in the awning which, in strong winds, is a two person job as one person has to use the winder while the other hangs onto the leading edge of the awning to prevent the wind whipping it upward. This can be great fun at night - especially if rain accompanies the wind! :-D

Very Nice post Brian.And very nice explained. However Monique is solo now on dog Agility. And had the original fiamma F35 Pro fitted. It comes in three sizes up to 3mtr. The roll you have to put out by hand as caravans have. westfalia kepler one. Yes they do and take your pig not mounted. All californias have ex factory a thule 5201 wind out crank fitted. Yes on a camping grid you can have help. But one person is ideal. How do you Get a thule awning nicely closed l/r on the corners?. The tension on spring arms?

Archived