True leadership

CurtainRaiser

With six minutes of warm applause, on the streets, balconies, windows, the whole Country applauded for 6 minutes - spectacular example of leadership and defense of humanity, chapeaux!

The Germans elected her to lead them, and she led 80 million Germans for 18 years with competence, skill, dedication and sincerity. She did not utter nonsense. She did not appear in the alleys of Berlin to be photographed. She was dubbed "The Lady of the World" and who was described as the equivalent of six million men.

During these eighteen years of her leadership of the authority in her Country, no transgressions were recorded against her. She did not assign any of her relatives to a government post. She did not claim that she was the maker of glories. She did not get millions in payment, nor did anyone cheer her performance, she did not receive charters and pledges, she did not fight those who preceded her.

Yesterday, Merkel left the party leadership position and handed it over to those after her, and Germany and its German people are in the best condition ever.

The reaction of the Germans was unprecedented in the history of the Country. The entire population went out to the balconies of their houses and clapped for her spontaneously for 6 continuous minutes. A standing ovation nationwide.

Germany stood as one body bidding farewell to their leader, a chemical physicist who was not tempted by the fashion or the lights and did not buy real estate, cars, yachts and private planes, knowing that she is from former East Germany.

She left her post after leaving Germany at the top. She left and her relatives did not claim advantage. Eighteen years and she never changed her wardrobe. God be upon this silent leader.

At a press conference, a female Journalist asked Merkel: We notice that you're wearing the same suit, don’t you have any other?" She replied: "I am a government employee and not a model."

At another press conference, they asked her: Do you have housemaids who clean your house, prepare your meals and so on? Her answer was: "No, I do not have servants and I do not need them. My husband and I do this work at home every day.

Then another journalist asked: Who is washing the clothes, you or your husband? Her answer: "I arrange the clothes, and my husband is the one who operates the washing machine, and it is usually at night, because electricity is available and there is no pressure on it, and the most important thing is to take into the account the possible inconvenience for the neighbours, thankfully the wall separating our apartment from the neighbours is thick." She said to them, "I expected you to ask me about the successes and failures in our work in the government!"

Mrs. Merkel lives in a normal apartment like any other citizen. She lived in this apartment before being elected Chancellor of Germany. She did not leave it and does not own a villa, servants, swimming pools or gardens.

Merkel, the now former Chancellor of Germany, the largest economy in Europe!

CurtainRaiser - 2021-08-18 5:32 PM

Mrs. Merkel lives in a normal apartment like any other citizen. She lived in this apartment before being elected Chancellor of Germany. She did not leave it and does not own a villa, servants, swimming pools or gardens.

No delusions of grandeur unlike scruff Johnson.

pelmetman - 2021-08-18 6:15 PM

Jumping before your pushed springs to mind ;-) ..........

She's served FOUR TERMS of office and is retiring.

Your Joke Johnson hasn't even completed ONE term yet managed to wreak havoc, chaos and plunder the Exchequer for billions of taxpayers money to line his chums pockets. *-)

Bulletguy - 2021-08-18 6:53 PM

Your Joke Johnson hasn't even completed ONE term yet managed to wreak havoc, chaos and plunder the Exchequer for billions of taxpayers money to line his chums pockets. *-)

... and from a much poorer country so its all borrowed >:-(

No wonder Joe Biden made a beeline for Angela Merkel at Johnson's G7

I wish we had someone like her running our country

But I can't see it happening because the £billionaire Tax exile owned populist media in England would destroy her like they did Jeremy Corbyn. >:-(

meanwhile with the Taliban entering Kabul... >:-)

reinforced by the £billion's of British military hardware we sent to Afghanistan and is now in the hands of the Taliban... >:-)

our greatest humiliation since Suez....

the British Ambassador stays behind processing visa applications for those who have bravely supported us, and we promised to support in return - and are now at the mercy of the Taliban >:-)

What does Johnson & Raab do?

They go on holiday 8-)

Raab didn't even bother to ring the Ambassador.

Let that sink in :-( >:-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-08-18 8:55 PM

But I can't see it happening because the £billionaire Tax exile owned populist media in England would destroy her like they did Jeremy Corbyn. >:-(

I think you'll find the true plunderers are Germany ;-) ........

"No serious economist believes Greece will ever crawl out from under its more than €300 billion debt without significant forgiveness from its creditors. That means convincing Germany, the country to which Greece owes the most."

https://www.politico.eu/article/why-greece-is-germanys-de-facto-colony/

The only difference is they use debt rather than Jack boots nowadays *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-08-19 8:19 AM

"No serious economist believes Greece will ever crawl out from under its more than €300 billion debt without significant forgiveness from its creditors. That means convincing Germany, the country to which Greece owes the most."

The only difference is they use debt rather than Jack boots nowadays *-) ..........

An article from 2017?

You will never guess what happened next....

Please try and read the article you link to and ask yourself if anything else has since happened, otherwise all you do is confirm your own stupidity.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-08-19 8:27 AM

An article from 2017?

You will never guess what happened next....

Please try and read the article you link to and ask yourself if anything else has since happened, otherwise all you do is confirm your own stupidity.

Has Germany written off the debt? ;-) ...........

"On August 20, 2018, the bailout program ended.2 Most of the outstanding debt is owed to the EU emergency funding entities. These are primarily funded by German banks."

https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-the-greece-debt-crisis-3305525

Nope *-) .........

Yes Germany is in a strong position to lend money - because people will pay Germany to lend it to them, then they can charge for lending it out.

Wheras Britain has to print and borrow - and pay interest.

Thank you for proving my point.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-08-19 12:01 PM

Yes Germany is in a strong position to lend money - because people will pay Germany to lend it to them, then they can charge for lending it out.

They're only in a strong position because of the euro *-) ..........

"Once plagued by the strength of the Deutsche mark, Germany benefited from the euro’s lower exchange rate, which made its goods more competitive abroad. That was particularly true within the eurozone itself, which accounts for about 40 percent of Germany’s exports. For decades, exporters from Southern Europe could undercut their German competitors on price. No more.

That wouldn’t be such a problem if Germans reciprocated by buying their neighbors’ exports with equal vigor. But Germans prefer to save, both in the private and public spheres. As a result, the country has large trade surpluses with much of the eurozone."

https://www.politico.eu/article/eurozone-problem-country-germany-coronavirus/

pelmetman - 2021-08-19 1:43 PM

"Once plagued by the strength of the Deutsche mark, Germany benefited from the euro’s lower exchange rate, which made its goods more competitive abroad. That was particularly true within the eurozone itself, which accounts for about 40 percent of Germany’s exports. For decades, exporters from Southern Europe could undercut their German competitors on price. No more.

That wouldn’t be such a problem if Germans reciprocated by buying their neighbors’ exports with equal vigor. But Germans prefer to save, both in the private and public spheres. As a result, the country has large trade surpluses with much of the eurozone."

Well at least we know that appears to be Matthew Karnitschnigs' opinion in April 2020.

Never heard of him personally, but he might be right. Who knows ?

;-)

There was a time when we were encouraged to save like Germans to be able to look after ourselves well without being a drain on the state.

Tax incentives to take out a pension, national savings with index linking plus interest.

But this 'government' only seems interested in the short term to boost the economy before the next election.

Tax Incentives to cash in 25% of your pension as a lump sum, interest rates cut below ther rate of inflation etc

People doing the right thing and saving for a rainy day have been right royally shafted

(unless they got their investments out of the UK like me)

If Germany wanted to debase their currency they didn't have to join the Euro

They could just print money like Johnson - which George Osborne said is the 'last resort of desperate governments' when Labour did it in a much smaller way

But people don't buy German made goods because they are cheap

They are not cheap

But the world still buys them because they are good

Why can't we aim for the top competing with them on quality and innovation?

Instead of aiming for the bottom competing with the rest of the third world on cheapness - which they will beat us on becaus their costs (housing etc) are lower

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-08-19 5:19 PM

If Germany wanted to debase their currency they didn't have to join the Euro

They could just print money like Johnson - which George Osborne said is the 'last resort of desperate governments' when Labour did it in a much smaller way

But people don't buy German made goods because they are cheap

They are not cheap

But the world still buys them because they are good

Why can't we aim for the top competing with them on quality and innovation?

Instead of aiming for the bottom competing with the rest of the third world on cheapness - which they will beat us on becaus their costs (housing etc) are lower

They are cheap compared to what they would cost if it wasn't for the euro *-) ........

You don't have to cut your prices to sell

If you are as smart as the Germans/Swiss etc you can sell quality and innovation.

But back to topic.

I suppose its fitting that Angela Merkel's last official visit is not a lavish state visit to an ally.

But a difficult one to keep the peace with an old adversary, President Putin

She doesn't need jewellry and medals to do it either.

Its far more difficult but likely to be more productive than ordering our lads to prod the Russian bear by sailing into disputed territory.

From the safety of Downing Street.

Like Johnson did

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-08-20 9:10 AM

If you are as smart as the Germans/Swiss etc you can sell quality and innovation.

But back to topic.

I suppose its fitting that Angela Merkel's last official visit is not a lavish state visit to an ally.

Its far more difficult but likely to be more productive than ordering our lads to prod the Russian bear by sailing into disputed territory.

Like Johnson did

You Lefties are right little appeasers aren't you ;-) ..........

But then again it's not appeasement when your on the Commies side is it Comrade? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-08-20 9:19 AM

But back to topic.

Like Johnson did

But then again it's not appeasement when your on the Commies side is it Comrade? >:-) .........

Do you want to start a war with Russia?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-08-20 9:32 AM

pelmetman - 2021-08-20 9:19 AM

But back to topic.

Like Johnson did

Do you want to start a war with Russia?

Do you want to be a communist? ;-) .........

Ooops.......My mistake :D ........

You already are >:-) ........

Actually I believe in the free market and so I'm a Free Market Capitalist,

(not the Rentier Capitalism, or Socialism for the rich we have now restricting housing supply with planning constraints whilst subsidising demand with taxpayer's money)

but thats beside the point

I asked if you want to start a war with Russia?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-08-20 12:49 PM

Actually I believe in the free market and so I'm a Free Loading Crapartist,

(not the Rentier Capitalism, or Socialism for the rich we have now restricting housing supply with planning constraints whilst subsidising demand with taxpayer's money)

but thats beside the point

I asked if you want to start a war with Russia?

Sorted your typo :D .....

(lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Archived