where to?

arkiboys

Hello,

Before purchasing my motorhome, I will hire one for a few days first...

Question: what is the best way to decide where to go next?

do you use an app?, etc.?

For example, I like parking next to a lake and spend a night or two there by the lake. What is the best way to plan finding somewhere like this in UK as an example?

Kind regards

Welcome to the forum.

The 2 larger clubs (Caravan & Camping Club and Caravan & Motorhome Club) both produce site directories for members & have websites can be accessed by non-members

There are numerous other site directories, (AA being an example) & websites on the internet, I find "Pitchup" useful being able to select particular options, but many others are similar.

Many of the apps are for subscribers only "Searchforsites" or "Britstops"

So i would suggest waiting before joining those & use internet searches initially.

As you're renting only for a few days to see if it suits, which is the smart way, then I would suggest just going somewhere local first. You don't have to travel long distances to be on holiday, maybe look within a 1 hour drive so you'll get the feel of driving one and the experience of staying in one. Enjoy your break.

arkiboys - 2021-08-24 12:44 PM

Hello,

Before purchasing my motorhome, I will hire one for a few days first...

Question: what is the best way to decide where to go next?

Kind regards

Deciding where to go depends on personal preferences. ( Town - countryside - mountains - beaches ? )

If you are looking for a campsite with a lake, I suggest you have a look at www.ukcampsite.co.uk and have a browse. (I've used it in the past and I believe it identifies sites with lakes - other websites, and club websites will give same sort of info).

The media these days gives people the wrong impression that you can park anywhere for as long as you like in a motorhome - so you may not be in luck if you were hoping to simply ' wild ' park by some lake of choice for a couple of days.

Good luck anyway - I hope you enjoy your experience, wherever you end up.

;-)

Archived