Or this.......

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2021-09-30 8:01 AM

:D ..........

"UK economy emerged from lockdown stronger than expected"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/09/30/markets-live-latest-coronavirus-news-pound-euro-ftse-100/

Another bad day in LOSERville (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

So allegedly some people expected it to be even worse than it is ..

..is that the best you can do ?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-09-30 8:09 AM

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/09/30/markets-live-latest-coronavirus-news-pound-euro-ftse-100/

Are your EU mates doing better ? ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-09-30 8:49 AM

Germany is same recovery as UK, France is slightly better, Italy is slightly worse.

In real terms they are certainly doing better than England,

because they are not counting absurdly inflated imputed rents as GDP,

they don't have such extremes of weath and poverty,

they are not borrowing so much,

they don't have such long waiting lists for medical treatment,

.. or empty shelves at the supermarkets,

or fights on petrol forecourts

:-S

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-09-30 10:18 AM

Our rents are high because people want to live here ;-) ..........

No doubt rents in Jokeland will rocket when you vote to leave? >:-) ........

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-09-30 9:51 AM

Germany is same recovery as UK, France is slightly better, Italy is slightly worse.

Evidence? ;-) .........

Coz all I can find is......."Germany’s labor-market recovery continued at a slower pace in September amid fading momentum in the country’s reopening boom."

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/german-labor-market-recovery-slows-075500340.html

pelmetman - 2021-09-30 10:33 AM

Evidence? ;-) .........

Coz all I can find is......."Germany’s labor-market recovery continued at a slower pace in September amid fading momentum in the country’s reopening boom."

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/german-labor-market-recovery-slows-075500340.html

Well that's according to the FT, unfortunately when I went back to copy the link it 'threw' me onto the subscription page as I've looked at too many articles lately, but I'm sure if you google " UK economy grew faster than projected in second quarter" and click on the FT link you can read it yourself.

It seems in Germany they are most disappointed by their economy being 3.3% lower than end of 2019, whereas you seem to think the same figure in UK is some sort of economic miracle due to Brexit, I suppose this shows the differance in expectations, the Germans expect to succeed.

p.s. You've not given us the latest UK economic figures which shows our recovery has pretty much ground to a halt, why is that?

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-09-30 11:44 AM

Evidence? ;-) .........

Well that's according to the FT, unfortunately when I went back to copy the link it 'threw' me onto the subscription page as I've looked at too many articles lately, but I'm sure if you google " UK economy grew faster than projected in second quarter" and click on the FT link you can read it yourself.

It seems in Germany they are most disappointed by their economy being 3.3% lower than end of 2019, whereas you seem to think the same figure in UK is some sort of economic miracle due to Brexit, I suppose this shows the differance in expectations, the Germans expect to succeed.

p.s. You've not given us the latest UK economic figures which shows our recovery has pretty much ground to a halt, why is that?

Perhaps you could post those figures? ;-) ..........

As all I can find is suggestion that our bounce back is being slowed down the pandemic, which in itself is not a bad thing in my view as it will stop the economy overheating B-) ..........

BTW what happened to that Deep recession and 800k job losses YOU Remoaners said would happen if we voted for Brexit......Why is that? :D ......

Well that's according to the FT, unfortunately when I went back to copy the link it 'threw' me onto the subscription page as I've looked at too many articles lately,

You need to clear your cookies. Each time you look at a page they put one on your pc. When you get a certain number they block you. So you just need to clear your cookies and start from zero again :-D

pelmetman - 2021-09-30 10:29 AM

John52 - 2021-09-30 10:18 AM

Our rents are high because people want to live here ;-) ..........

No doubt rents in Jokeland will rocket when you vote to leave? >:-) ........

Rents are high because of the so called 'free market governments' interference in the housing market to restrict supply with planning constraints, and stoke up demand with taxpayer funded subsidies.

Then further stoking up demand by increasing inequality so some (like Members of Parliament) can afford (or inherit) multiple homes. But I wouldn't expect a self-made international businessman like you to understand what effect restricting the supply and boosting the demand has on prices. :-S

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-09-30 12:33 PM

pelmetman - 2021-09-30 12:20 PM

800k job losses YOU Remoaners said would happen if we voted for Brexit........

Can you quote where WE said that *-)

Of course >:-) ........

"After two years GDP would be 6% lower and 800,000 UK jobs would be lost, compared to a vote to remain. The value of the pound would fall by 15% and there would be a further increase in inflation of 2.7 percentage points, with a hit to the value of people’s homes of 18%."

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/britain-to-enter-recession-with-500000-uk-jobs-lost-if-it-left-eu-new-treasury-analysis-shows

Now are you going to claim Cameron wasn't a Remoaner? (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

pelmetman - 2021-09-30 12:50 PM

"After two years GDP would be 6% lower and 800,000 UK jobs would be lost, compared to a vote to remain. The value of the pound would fall by 15% and there would be a further increase in inflation of 2.7 percentage points, with a hit to the value of people’s homes of 18%."

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/britain-to-enter-recession-with-500000-uk-jobs-lost-if-it-left-eu-new-treasury-analysis-shows

Now are you going to claim Cameron wasn't a Remoaner? (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

Remind me, when does furlough come to an end?

Evidence? ;-) .........

As all I can find is suggestion that our bounce back is being slowed down the pandemic, which in itself is not a bad thing in my view as it will stop the economy overheating B-) ..........

BTW what happened to that Deep recession and 800k job losses YOU Remoaners said would happen if we voted for Brexit......Why is that? :D ......

If you had googled the phrase I quoted you should find the FT story.

Off the top of my head, Germany and UK are 3.3% down, France is 3.2, Italy 3.8.

Since Brexit the total number of people in work has dropped by nearly 500,000 but I think we'll put that down to covid for the moment.

colin - 2021-09-30 1:33 PM

Evidence? ;-) .........

If you had googled the phrase I quoted you should find the FT story.

Off the top of my head, Germany and UK are 3.3% down, France is 3.2, Italy 3.8.

Since Brexit the total number of people in work has dropped by nearly 500,000 but I think we'll put that down to covid for the moment.

Though i'm loathe to bother as this is yet another click bait thread started by the op with purposely incomplete meaningless headers, this is the FT article in full;

The UK economy grew faster than previously thought in the second quarter, thanks to a stronger performance from the healthcare sector and the arts than initial estimates had captured.

The Office for National Statistics said UK gross domestic product increased by 5.5 per cent in the second quarter, after being revised up from the first estimate of a 4.8 per cent increase.

This means the economy is now 3.3 per cent below its level in the fourth quarter of 2019, before the pandemic struck, up from the previous estimate of 4.4 per cent below.

The latest data showed “health services and the arts performing better than initially thought”, said Jonathan Athow, deputy national statistician for economic statistics at the ONS.

The revision “raises the risk that the Bank of England will hike interest rates sooner than our forecast of May 2022”, said Ruth Gregory, senior UK economist at Capital Economics.

Earlier this week, BoE governor Andrew Bailey said every member of the Monetary Policy Committee was ready to raise interest rates before the end of the year if needed to prevent higher inflation from becoming persistent.

“The upward revision to GDP in the second quarter brings the UK economy’s performance in line with other G7 economies,” said Samuel Tombs, chief UK economist at Pantheon Macroeconomics.

The gap between current UK growth levels and its pre-pandemic peak is now identical to that seen in Germany, similar to the 3.2 per cent shortfall in France and better than the 3.8 per cent shortfall in Italy. However, the UK rebound remains behind that of the US economy which has already recovered to above pre-pandemic levels.

Despite the upward revision, more timely monthly figures showed that the recovery largely stalled in July, while separate data from the BoE on Wednesday revealed that consumers saved rather than spent in August.

Martin Beck, senior economic adviser to the EY ITEM Club, said that the adverse effect of rising prices and supply problems on spending power and sentiment meant the recovery was looking more “fragile”.

Tombs expect households’ disposable income to drop in the final quarter due to a withdrawal of fiscal support, including the end of the furlough scheme on Thursday, and the surge in energy prices.

Services output was strongly revised up by 0.8 of a percentage point, while investment was estimated to have expanded 0.8 per cent in the second quarter instead of falling 0.5 per cent as per initial estimates. Yet, business investment was still about 13 per cent below its pre-pandemic levels.

Government consumption was also much stronger than previously thought and rose 8.1 per cent, upwardly revised from the first estimate of 6.1 per cent.

The ONS also revised up the UK economic growth by 0.5 of a percentage point in the third quarter last year. The revised figures also show households have been saving less in recent years than previously thought.

A strong rise in household spending between April and June meant the household savings ratio decreased to 11.7 per cent, compared with 18.4 per cent in the first quarter — though this was still the second-highest level since records began in 1963, but lower than 20 per cent of initial estimates.

Savings, which are effectively extra cash consumers can spend on the economy when they feel confident enough, remained above the 2000-2019 average of 8.5 per cent, suggesting that “fuel for further growth?.?.?. is not exhausted”, said Beck.

https://www.ft.com/content/b1840226-0147-40e8-84b2-814fa8d28917

Cameron is an Eton Tory Twit like most of the present Government and Crony Stooges Johnson has put in the House of Lords at your expense. Please don't include us with them.

His claim that Brexit would lead to a fall in house prices is probably what swung the English vote towards Brexit.

Oh and we still have a million unemployed counted as furloughed.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-10-01 5:41 AM

Cameron is an Eton Tory Twit like most of the present Government and Crony Stooges Johnson has put in the House of Lords at your expense. Please don't include us with them.

His claim that Brexit would lead to a fall in house prices is probably what swung the English vote towards Brexit.

Oh I see ;-) ...........

You're a Lefty LOSER and Cameron is a Righty LOSER.........But you're still both PAL's (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2021-10-01 8:52 AM

Oh I see ;-) ...........

You're a Lefty LOSER and Cameron is a Righty LOSER.........But you're still both PAL's (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Where did I say we were PALS?

and what's a LOSER?

John52 - 2021-10-01 9:00 AM

and what's a LOSER?

I think the dictionary definition of a LOSER is someone who used to spend half the year in sunny Spain drinking cheap plonk and ignorantly voted to stop that on the basis of some promises from a known liar. All done on the basis that he had moved on from being a international business man to being a property tycoon - due to inherited wealth rather than their own work. Next to LOSER in this dictionary you will find the definition of SAD - someone who starts a three month building project on their inherited property just as supply chains collapse and skilled labour is forced to leave, leaving the building project unfinished and unlikely to be finished in the next year. Thankfully he is clinging on to Jacob Rees Moggs declaration that we will see the benefits of Brexit in fifty years - so he might get his windows in by then.

SAD LOSER is often used in the same sentence to convey the total despair felt by the individual as his dream evaporates and he realises that he has been lied to and misled, but cannot escape the cult because to consider any other path would make him a full blown COMMIE, ironic in some ways as his hero, and equal (inherited wealth) Alexander de Piffel Johnson is funded by the COMMIES and only came to power due to the Russians interference in our election process's.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-10-01 9:00 AM

pelmetman - 2021-10-01 8:52 AM

Oh I see ;-) ...........

Where did I say we were PALS?

and what's a LOSER?

PAL's.........Pathetic Angry LOSERS :D .........

As a humble seeker after truth, Dave, you really need to read the actual report and not the headlines or the summary, which over simplify and distort what it actually says. You can download a copy here: https://tinyurl.com/43wd7kpr Mind, it is 81 pages of economic forecasts.

However, if you persevere, what you will discover is that it is, in fact, quite surprisingly prescient in identifying where the main impacts were expected to arise, and the unpredictability of assessing the impacts of uncertainty on each.

What you endlessly quote are your (Conservative) mate Osborne's attempts to distil those 81 pages of economic forecasting and reasoning into a three second soundbite. Looking for support for his preferred outcome (remain), he erred too far toward pessimism. But then, he was a historian, not an economist, so you should expect him to screw up the economics bit.

However, the thrust of the report is clear: that leaving would be a huge economic risk with overwhelmingly negative outcomes.

Trying to dismiss it on the ground that one or two of its suggested (with repeated cautions regarding uncertainty), and largely misreported, outcomes were not exactly met, is the equivalent of standing on a railway track with your eyes closed and saying "train, what train?".

On your existing track record that is, of course, exactly what you will continue to do, - plus refusing to read the report. You, on that same basis, from a standpoint of profound, self-imposed, ignorance, will continue to claim the whole - unread - report is wrong/remainer nonsense/fake news/project fear - or whatever else next comes to your mind.

So, you now have a golden opportunity to educate yourself for free, and as your home improvement project is stalled, and you can't now get to Spain, you also have the time to do so. Go on, give it a go, I dare you. We might then all be amazed by the informed, wise, opinions you would be able to post.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-10-01 11:42 AM

As a humble seeker after truth, Dave, you really need to read the actual report and not the headlines or the summary, which over simplify and distort what it actually says. You can download a copy here: https://tinyurl.com/43wd7kpr Mind, it is 81 pages of economic forecasts.

However, if you persevere, what you will discover is that it is, in fact, quite surprisingly prescient in identifying where the main impacts were expected to arise, and the unpredictability of assessing the impacts of uncertainty on each.

What you endlessly quote are your (Conservative) mate Osborne's attempts to distil those 81 pages of economic forecasting and reasoning into a three second soundbite. Looking for support for his preferred outcome (remain), he erred too far toward pessimism. But then, he was a historian, not an economist, so you should expect him to screw up the economics bit.

However, the thrust of the report is clear: that leaving would be a huge economic risk with overwhelmingly negative outcomes.

Trying to dismiss it on the ground that one or two of its suggested (with repeated cautions regarding uncertainty), and largely misreported, outcomes were not exactly met, is the equivalent of standing on a railway track with your eyes closed and saying "train, what train?".

On your existing track record that is, of course, exactly what you will continue to do, - plus refusing to read the report. You, on that same basis, from a standpoint of profound, self-imposed, ignorance, will continue to claim the whole - unread - report is wrong/remainer nonsense/fake news/project fear - or whatever else next comes to your mind.

So, you now have a golden opportunity to educate yourself for free, and as your home improvement project is stalled, and you can't now get to Spain, you also have the time to do so. Go on, give it a go, I dare you. We might then all be amazed by the informed, wise, opinions you would be able to post.

"However, the thrust of the report is clear: that leaving would be a huge economic risk with overwhelmingly negative outcomes."

How's that working out? >:-) ...........

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/imf-world-economic-outlook-july-uk-growth-g7-2021-rishi-sunak-gita-gopinath-130020255.html

Seeing as we're supposed to be in deep recession caused by Brexit, surely COVID should have finished poor old Blighty off? 8-) .........

I'm only amazed by you and your fellow LOSERS continual attempts to blame everything on Brexit *-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-10-01 12:26 PM

"However, the thrust of the report is clear: that leaving would be a huge economic risk with overwhelmingly negative outcomes."

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/imf-world-economic-outlook-july-uk-growth-g7-2021-rishi-sunak-gita-gopinath-130020255.html

Seeing as we're supposed to be in deep recession caused by Brexit, surely COVID should have finished poor old Blighty off? 8-) .........

I'm only amazed by you and your fellow LOSERS continual attempts to blame everything on Brexit *-) .........

July? I think that was before the "supply chain issues" kicked in.

Care to explain why there are no ques for fuel in Europe?

Expect the next cave in to be allow 5,000 slaughtermen in from the EU. By Wednesday I reckon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-58749841

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-10-01 12:33 PM

pelmetman - 2021-10-01 12:26 PM

July? I think that was before the "supply chain issues" kicked in.

Care to explain why there are no ques for fuel in Europe?

Expect the next cave in to be allow 5,000 slaughtermen in from the EU. By Wednesday I reckon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-58749841

You mean those supply chain issues that are also affecting Germany and the rest of the world? ;-) .........

The only difference I can see is that theirs are blamed on COVID and ours are blamed on Brexit *-) ......

Archived