Any views on Autostar

Sandy

Hello Peeps!

have not posted for a while as busy selling house, and getting ready for our 'big holiday'!

We are now at the stage of searching for a motor home to go full timing in, is confused, so many on the market!!. We saw a Autostar Aryal at a dealer and although not impressed with the lay out of that model was quite impressed overall with the general workmanship.

Has anyone had one of these vehicles or had dealings with one.

Autostars are French made, and until a few years back were regarded, in France, as being fairly high quality.  Seems not to be a UK importer, so this may be a personal import.

It seemed they fell from grace a bit 3-4 years ago when the quality was held to have slipped (delaminating floors, water ingress).  More recently, they have been trying to gain back their reputation.

They currently come in Four flavours: Auros (which is the entry range, available as Fiat based luton and low profile coachbuilts), Athenor (which is the top range on Fiat, low profoles only), Anthea (which is the top range on Renault, low profiles only) and Ayral, which are all A Class on Renault Master.

If you're looking for an A Class, I think I'd be inclined to look elsewhere.  I think I'd stick to the A Class classics from Hymer, Burstner, Pilote, Rapido, Eura-Mobil, and maybe Carthago.  More made and sold, so more choice, more dealers, better range of prices and UK importers.  Alternatively, if you want second hand and left hand drive, look at such as Durrwang-Morlein at http://www.hymer-export.com/ to see what you can get for your money in Germany.

Archived