Fenwick or Mer?

empress

Tescp car Polish - Brilliant, and so easy to wipe away those black streaks. As regards the level of polish i,l let whoever comes to Peterborough decide for themselves but I am happy with it.

Picking up an earlier posting there was a comment about Superguard. Well, I have done this to our smaller modes of transport and now after 2 years they still come up brilliantly after a wash and a leather off. (Propper leather not one of these look alike bits of rubbish that leave a pattern of small bubbles everywhere). Lots of Superguard ads on Ebay. The special stuff for wheels works well as well, just a blast with a pressure washer and both ally wheels and plastic wheel trims look like new.

Don, know whey I never used the stuff on the camper!

Next time.

C.

Last Last comment,

When you balance the bottle of Tesco car polish on the top of the step ladder then and move the ladder thus tipping the bottle on the concrete the top falls off (because it was not done up) splilling lots onto the nice gritty concrete. So its best to pour the contents of the Tesco bottle into the Turtle Wax bottle which has a nice small hole!

Guest peter
Clive - 2007-04-22 9:36 AM

I am using Turtle Wax to get her ready for Peterborough.

Am I doing it all wrong?

C.

Doesn't the Turtle shell scratch the painwork Clive?

slightly different angle, but, a couple of years ago we were thinking of buying a Tempur mattress, sent off for the info and we got a little rectangular sample, well actually we got about 3 - but the point is OH thinks it makes a wonderful car sponge - cleaner thingy - and it's free!!

B-)

Peter,

Gel coat only goes chalky over a period of time if it hasn't been properly sealed with a good quality polish. Despite what Mer say (and I have been in touch with them in the past also), silicone in contact with most formulations of gel coat does, over time, lead to crazing of the gel coat which eventually leads to small cracks allowing moisture to penetrate through to the underlying glass cloth. It's to stop this happening (and to provide a smooth finish) that the gel coat is there in the first place.

I can't comment on boats, but all owners of gliders and light aircraft know not to use polishes containing silicone. Of course, the flexing of aircraft and glider wings in flight means that the gel is subject to greater stresses than for boats and motorhomes, but I still think it is better to be safe.

There are many polishes available - Carlack is the one I use - suitable for both metal and gel coated vehicles.

Mel E

====

Archived