CC Ferry Crossings

tonyishuk

I have been looking at the CC Ferry Booking system, which seems easy enough to use. They obviously tap into another system that carries out the searches and bookings.

I am puzzled by being offered at up to 3 different prices for crossings for the same sailing by P&O. The cheapest is about £85 and most expensive is about £130. From what I can see in the T&Cs that they all offer the same service.

Any Ideas what this is about, and any advice on short commings of taking the cheapest on offer.

I would add that there is no mention of being charged extra to change a booking, other than a standing charge of £10 ( I assume CC admin)

Rgds

Yes the CC website is a portal to travel gateway also aferry.to bookings but may have their own t&c

We booked Norfolkline via the CC website last December when the ad in the CC magazine stated "amend free" but wished we had booked direct with Norkolkline, as we did last year when we had to amend our dates at the last minute by just a simple phone call.

We recently decided to change our return date for this year's trip and NL wouldn't do it on the phone as we had booked through the CC and the CC website wouldn't allow amendments so we phoned CC travel department and they couldn't do it either. We had to phone the premium rate 0870 number on the booking printout - after being on hold for several minutes you are given the option of e-mailing which we did and got a reply after a couple of days so eventually managed to change the date but had to pay the £10 fee so it isn't "amend free" as stated in the original CC mag advert

Looking on the aferry to booking website their admin fee for amendment is £25!!! almost half the cost of the return fare.

We will book direct in future

Steve

No worries tony

We always use the cheapest and it is no different to the others, normally the different prices have slightly different sailing times or you are shown both 'standard' and 'club' prices on the same page which I think is just a quirk of the booking system that brings up all possibilities on offer i.e. if you were someone searching who was not a CC member you would be offered all but the 'Club' offerings. You also find that you are often offered a 'more sailings' option and that often comes up with cheaper ones still.

Bas

We're off to Germany in July and we went to the web sites of Norfolkline, Sea France and the Shuttle.  Comparing similar timed crossings the prices for same were £132, £163 and £208 (I think).

We then checked the CC Booking Service and got a Sea France crossing for £76 which was approximately 50% cheaper.

Archived