reclining chairs

mark lambert

Iv'e moved this mail over from chit/chat, only had 1 reply. I'm looking for recliner chairs, folds flat, mesh type, lays flat for sunbathing, can use at a table.must be good quality. you all use chairs/loungers, which are the best in your opinion, lafuma,towsure,argos ?

thank you

choppa

Hi Mark

Don't know if you intend visiting France in the near future, but you'll find a great range of recliners over there, and in the Hypermarkets at far better prices! We tend to get anything like this or any 'outdoor' items, inlcuding electric griills etc, whilst we're over there.

We have ended up with La Fuma recliners and La Fuma folding chairs. We have been unable to find any folding chair/recliner from any manufacturer that is a full length comfortable recliner that can also be used as an upright chair suitable to use at table for eating.

If I slouch in a recliner over the table I end up with dinner on my shirt!!

Hope that helps

C.

Hi,

I agree that most if not all leisure chairs that facilitate practical eating positions fail to give really satisfying horizontal mode lounging.

We have had to double up by using the superb lightweight Spanish made Crespo chairs (which do have available leg rests for some lounging) for eating/drinking etc and Lafuma RSXA recliners for comatose periods in the sun.

Lafuma's take some beating for comfort but they are fairly heavy. If you are committed to buying Lafuma RSX or RSXA recliners they can be bought in the UK for about £175 a pair. However, if you cross the channel, then visit the Designer Outlet Centre on Marquese Avenue close to the tunnel terminal and you will find a Lafuma outlet shop there. You will usually be able to buy seconds for less than £45 each and these will simply have a small cosmetic scratch or similar. Other Lafuma bargains can also be found there. Park around the back of the centre closest to the Autoroute and the shop is just inside the rear door, so you won't have to carry them too far!

The RSX recliners have a solid fabric construction and the RSXA have a mesh fabric.

Regards,

Steve

mark lambert - 2007-04-20 12:17 AM

Iv'e moved this mail over from chit/chat, only had 1 reply. I'm looking for recliner chairs, folds flat, mesh type, lays flat for sunbathing, can use at a table.must be good quality. you all use chairs/loungers, which are the best in your opinion, lafuma,towsure,argos ?

thank you

choppa

Hi Mark

We have a couple of different types but last year bought two lafuma recliners in a French supermarket (half the price of UK ones) and they are really good.

Not just comfortable but so easy to recline compared to others we tried.

Regards, David

Archived