Bessacarr e582. Flat battery

Jonesthemilk

Hi all, & thanks for the add.

just returned from the storage of the moho to find a battert flatter than flat (1.8v :-( ) AGAIN!

code read the code from my MES + ELM327 usb conection to find error P068A

it refers to the ECU power relay de-energising or similar.

My query to those that are in the know about these things, will this error inevitably throw with a dead battery or would the relay be the cause of the drain?

I suspect myself its as a result of the drain as it is an intermittent problem only when in storage.

My Haynes online subscription doesn't give a lot of info on this particular relay save to show how to check the connection between it and the ECU.

Hoping someone can help....and confirm my belief

btw

Hope everyone gets the chance to celebrate New Year so Happy NEW YEAR TO ALL

Colin, Thanks for the prompt reply

its a 2012 2.3 facelift 150Hp manual multi but the day after a trip from South Wales to Lancs it would not start outside the house 15the Dec.

No Display at all when key operated.

Solar panel was kicking out 2Amps too

Called an Auto Elec(£85) and he diagnosed a P068a and said it was the split charger intermittently failing.

but the relay must have kicked in as he started it after the code was cleared.

Since then its was fine up to the 24th Dec in storage.

I have put a bBM2 battery charge monitor on the battery and it flagged an error on the 25th before dying

Went up 29th and flat as a dodo. (8.4 Volts) thats when I did the code check again and got P068a.

I dont even know where the split charger is located but presumably in the EC450 Sargent power supply.

I;m an ex PC tech and know the basics but a tad befaddled with this.

thanks

The EC450 PSU controls the battery split charging and everything else on the leisure side of things but I do not think you will find that the Sargent system is linked to the Fiat codes you are reading , could it be that the reset effected the Fiat security system ? If your starter battery was that flat could it now be damaged and not holding a charge and when in storage did you have the smart charging feature of the EC450 set correctly to keep the starter battery charged by the solar panel. (If it is wired through the EC450)

As has been stated the starter battery will go flat in a few weeks if not receiving some kind of charge due to the constant small drain by the ECU , alarms etc.

The EC450 has a power shutdown button (black) that helps reduce power loss from the leisure battery by shutting down its electronics , for use when in storage.

Archived