'Melted' plastic Hymer grill

rogerrichards

I have just bought a 1993 Hymer 544 and the front plastic Hymer body grill plate looks like it has melted in places. There seems to be some sort of plastic layer that is peeling off in places and looks unsightly (especially around the cutout words).

Has anyone else experienced this? I am wondering wether it is better to scrape the bubbly plastic coating off - maybe I can repaint it?

Regards

Roger

Hi Roger

Sounds like the bumper has been sprayed with Engine Laquer. Perhaps this link http://tinyurl.com/33xcz8 will have some sort of cleaner to remove it. At least it will be worth contacting them to find out what might be used to clean it off - providing it is engine laquer. They also have some other plastic cleaners which may be of some use to you.

Regards Terry

Many thanks for your advice. I don't think it is the original plastic covering as it it is in patches and is quite brittle.

As Terry suggests it may be engine laquer, so I will contact Clearspill to see if there is anyway to remove it - without dissolving the plastic grill!

Regards

Roger

Archived