selling my hymer B694

teccer1234

mainly because of brexit no more 6 months wintering in Spain so we've decided to sell the van but looking on Ebay it looks so complicated, I've bought 100s of items on Ebay but never sold anything.

does anybody have and suggestions on how to go about selling my van on Ebay?

I keep seeing the commision they charge is so high, is this so?

If you use the Classified ads for the vehicle ( with a fixed price for it) instead of the auction ads it is £19.99 to be listed for 28 days which is a fixed charge , Check out the E-bay help and contact page and the prices for classified adds are listed along with the cost for extra photos etc , on top of what is already allowed ,. which you may wish to add.

teccer1234 - 2022-02-12 2:57 PM

mainly because of brexit no more 6 months wintering in Spain so we've decided to sell the van but looking on Ebay it looks so complicated, I've bought 100s of items on Ebay but never sold anything.

Act in haste repent at leisure? We are in our infancy after our departure from the EU , things will change and mature ( one way or another ! )

Adiebt - 2022-02-12 6:07 PM

Act in haste repent at leisure? We are in our infancy after our departure from the EU , things will change and mature ( one way or another ! )

there is another factor to think about, I'm 80 years old now and have had a good 26 years of wintering in Spain so maybe time to call it a day and remember all the good times in the past 26 years down there

teccer1234 - 2022-02-12 6:26 PM

there is another factor to think about, I'm 80 years old now and have had a good 26 years of wintering in Spain so maybe time to call it a day and remember all the good times in the past 26 years down there

80 ! You are a mere fledgling , keep on motorhoming young man !

teccer1234 - 2022-02-12 6:26 PM

I don't think anyone should stop doing anything they enjoy simply because of age.

What you are able to do really really all comes down to health and fitness - if anyone still has that they should carry on enjoying themselves as long as possible.

( Being in an ageist society doesn't help - always nice to prove 'em wrong ! )

;-)

buddy - 2022-02-12 3:27 PM

If you use the Classified ads for the vehicle ( with a fixed price for it) instead of the auction ads it is £19.99 to be listed for 28 days which is a fixed charge , Check out the E-bay help and contact page and the prices for classified adds are listed along with the cost for extra photos etc , on top of what is already allowed ,. which you may wish to add.

Thanks for the info, looks a lot easier than I thought :-D

We're in a similar position being 3 months away from 80 and the only driver. What has really made us think is the thought of another year being stuck in the UK. Before commenting - yes we do visit the UK but....

Over the years have traversed the wider continent. We normally spend 2x 6 weeks away but now mainly France, Germany and Spain, meeting friends. All of this requires fairly lengthy journeys. Health wise we're not too bad, but now with the recent advent of insomnia the daily mileage will be limited. As the driver I need to be alert, and 300+ miles per day is no longer an option. So for this year we will certainly carry on and be sensible when travelling, but after that....

The thought of having no more motorhome, having had caravans and motorhomes since the early '80s, horrifies us. We are truly passionate about motorhome life. The "van" will come out of its barn next week for an outing somewhere. However, as we all know to our "cost" it's an expensive hobby & with the van probably worth 50k+ we can do a lot with that in our remaining years.

Cruisecontrol - 2022-02-13 1:46 PM

We're in a similar position being 3 months away from 80 and the only driver. What has really made us think is the thought of another year being stuck in the UK. Before commenting - yes we do visit the UK but....

Over the years have traversed the wider continent. We normally spend 2x 6 weeks away but now mainly France, Germany and Spain, meeting friends. All of this requires fairly lengthy journeys. Health wise we're not too bad, but now with the recent advent of insomnia the daily mileage will be limited. As the driver I need to be alert, and 300+ miles per day is no longer an option. So for this year we will certainly carry on and be sensible when travelling, but after that....

The thought of having no more motorhome, having had caravans and motorhomes since the early '80s, horrifies us. We are truly passionate about motorhome life. The "van" will come out of its barn next week for an outing somewhere. However, as we all know to our "cost" it's an expensive hobby & with the van probably worth 50k+ we can do a lot with that in our remaining years.

yes I think you've covered it all,

untill now we've driven about 400 miles a day but that's not on now :-(

we will miss seeing the van outside on the driveway where there has been a van for over 30 years.

what I'm not looking forewards to is the dull grey miserable winters back here after all those years of winter sun and back here for the summer sun

teccer1234 - 2022-02-13 5:01 PM

Cruisecontrol - 2022-02-13 1:46 PM

yes I think you've covered it all,

untill now we've driven about 400 miles a day but that's not on now :-(

we will miss seeing the van outside on the driveway where there has been a van for over 30 years.

what I'm not looking forewards to is the dull grey miserable winters back here after all those years of winter sun and back here for the summer sun.

Unfortunately we get a fair bit of "summer" time thats dull and grey too! :-(

I empathise with your situation and looking on the positive side the memories of your trips will be with you forever. There are many people who now video their trips around different countries (they're known as "vloggers") and upload to YouTube. I subscribe to quite a few channels of vloggers (it's free!), not just motorhome ones either, in fact this is one of my favourites and the guy has a massive following with over 3 million subscribers; https://www.youtube.com/c/baldandbankrupt If you like travel adventure which is also informative, then you will enjoy any of his trips.

Archived