battery warning

charleydog

Three times in five days i got a message that a battery warning has triggered on the sargent/AS security in my AS Kingham.Last one at four a.m. Emailed Sargent support,got reply will contact you in six to ten working days. Love getting up at four to make a check and reset the 12 volt on the van. Expect quicker response for ninety pounds a year. :'(

Thanks, Derek. but both batteries are fully charged,EHU so cannot understand why this can happen. Got the same message at three twenty am today. will check 20amp fuse BxB now to see if that is the problem.Can't see it but worth a punt, then wait for A/S for the answer. 8-)

Derek checked the twenty amp fuse BxB and it had blown. problem solved, This fuse has blown three times now. and my dealer SMC are very good, but could not find a reason why.I can only suspect a power surge, so will make sure I carry a good stock of fuses. Hope this can be useful to other members :-D

My understanding (from Charleydog's earlier postings) is that his Auto-Sleepers "Kingham" motorhome was purchased new in August/September 2020 and the vendor was SMC Motorhomes (Newark).

The repeatedly blowing fuse issue has been investigated by SMC who have been unable to identify the cause. Plainly the problem does need fixing and - as the motorhome should still be under warranty - the work should be carried out free of charge.

Thanks all, point taken. Will give it to the end of the season, and see how it goes.Just been back from dealers to replace a seized water pump (three-hour job) .Could be down to poor quality fuses. Got the fuses from Halfords this time. but if anyone can recommend something better. Please let me know.

Archived