Huawei mifi .. how to use ?

suethedriver

I have a new E5330 huawei wifi mifi . It is boxed by 3 Three mobile.

I am hoping to use it up in Scotland later this year when we hope to be away for a few weeks stretch.

I have contacted 3 and they said their mifi are unlocked so i could use any sim in it.

SO .... i have put in my working sim with data allowance from my phone ( on tesco network ) which has an excellent signal here in my house.

I plugged in the unit via usb to my laptop and it just comes up with the " 3 " page saying no network coverage !

I have tried you tube but still stuck and maybe am missing something i should be doing to get it to work ..

Any talk through mifi for dummies !!! would be helpful please :$

Hi, I have a different model to you, but you only use the USB to charge it. The unit itself is free standing and when you switch it on you should see the wifi signal and battery strength on the front. You would then need to select the mifi on your selected device.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou for your suggestions.

So it seems to be a signal issue .

The sim in my phone shows very good 4g signal but as soon as i swap it to the mifi it is just showing red as if it has no network coverage

I thought that mifi devices were supposed to be better for picking up 3g 4g networks !

Will have to keep trying from a different location.

suethedriver - 2022-02-18 7:43 PM

Thankyou for your suggestions.

So it seems to be a signal issue .

The sim in my phone shows very good 4g signal but as soon as i swap it to the mifi it is just showing red as if it has no network coverage

I thought that mifi devices were supposed to be better for picking up 3g 4g networks !

Will have to keep trying from a different location.

The 5330 is an old model and is 3g only, that may be your problem.

https://3g.co.uk/reviews/huawei-e5330-mobile-review

• 2 weeks later...

It should work; you will probably find you need to update the APN settings on the MiFi.

These are the settings which tell the MiFi what network (3, EE etc.) to connect to.

If the MiFi is 'looking' for 3, but has a tesco SIM, it wont work (no signal etc.)

As others have said, download the Huawei App, connect to the MiFi and the settings will be in there

A quick google of tesco Mobile APN will give you detailed info, but in essence you need this:

APN: prepay.tesco-mobile.com

Username: tescowap

Password: password

suethedriver - 2022-02-18 12:50 PM

It is boxed by 3 Three mobile.

I plugged in the unit via usb to my laptop and it just comes up with the " 3 " page saying no network coverage !

Don't let that worry you mine was supplied by EE and I've had 3 & vodafone sims in it and it still says EE

Archived