Nonancourt

laimeduck

Which begs the questionan can anyone name a place in France without a roundabout? I jest of course.

But it seems blessed were the days when nearly every junction was an often dangerous priority droite

crossroad.

Probably more economical to pay autoroute tolls than wear the bloody clutch and brakes out on the RNs

these days.

Possibly also save fuel.

FunsterJohn - 2022-03-01 9:01 PM

I came through this morning travelling from Evreux to Dreux and it was the same as ever. Very long queue at the first set of lights with the major crossroads. It wasn't too bad after that.

Excellent accurate information! Many thanks for that. I couldn't see any new bypass on the Google maps so didn't think much had changed.

Jeremy

laimeduck - 2022-03-01 9:13 PM

FunsterJohn - 2022-03-01 9:01 PM

I came through this morning travelling from Evreux to Dreux and it was the same as ever. Very long queue at the first set of lights with the major crossroads. It wasn't too bad after that.

Excellent accurate information! Many thanks for that. I couldn't see any new bypass on the Google maps so didn't think much had changed.

Jeremy

Not been there myself - but just had a look at Google maps and it seems there is a nice new bypass.

I assume I have the right road - the N12 ?

(?)

malc d - 2022-03-02 9:49 AM

Not been there myself - but just had a look at Google maps and it seems there is a nice new bypass.

(?)

That bypass to the north has been there for years. It's the bit of the N12 just before the river in St Remy n the outskirts of Nonancourt that's the problem. There is a sort of round-about with traffic lights on it!

laimeduck - 2022-03-02 10:34 AM

malc d - 2022-03-02 9:49 AM

(?)

That bypass to the north has been there for years. It's the bit of the N12 just before the river in St Remy n the outskirts of Nonancourt that's the problem. There is a sort of round-about with traffic lights on it!

O.K. cheers for clearing that up .

;-)

laimeduck - 2022-02-28 7:26 PM

silverback - 2022-02-28 6:28 PM

there is a bypass and roundabout

jonathan

Jonathan - thanks for that ..... When were they built? I last came through in 2019 northbound and it was still quite bad.

Jeremy

Right! I was going south and never take the road you are now referring to, I go around to the north of nonancourt never had a queue

No... I don't think you can do that. There is no alternative to that "roundabout" with traffic lights. All the town traffic from both Nonancourt and St Remy is channeled to that "roundabout" along with all through traffic on the N12. It's not a true roundabout and it's the traffic lights that create the problem.

There is no other way round it so you must have driven through it.

It is a major route for trucks, so there is always a high volume of traffic getting held up at that one set of lights.

The pictures show the situation - In the street view, you can just make out a huge queue coming the other way

843630024_NonancourtA1.jpg.6d8f7187dfb89bb902371283d1e682e3.jpg

1405375929_NonancourtB1.jpg.bdfc39292b2f2cc8f2a3bc31af027511.jpg

1982148694_NonancourtC1.jpg.197c63fa9bfcc8d0d8ea5adc0b3dd8f5.jpg

Real-time traffic information is available from the mon-trafic.com website

https://www.mon-trafic.com/

The current situation at the Saint-Rémy-sur-Avre bottleneck mentioned above is that there's a fair bit of traffic at the N12 lights/intersection, but (apparently) heavy traffic on a section of the eastbound carriageway not far to the west of the intersection and heavy traffic on both carriageways a few kilometres to the east of the intersection.

https://www.mon-trafic.com/saint-remy-sur-avre/map#13.03/48.75927/1.2377

I notice that there's a LOT of online complaints (going back years) about HGV traffic passing through Saint-Rémy, with residents demanding that a bypass be built.

In 2018 we overnighted at the Nonancourt Aire, glad we did we must have missed the congestion.

Not many parking spaces but when full other MoHo's used the adjacent car park with no issues.

Yes the dedicated Aire parking spaces are narrow, we had to push next doors window in a bit to close our Hab' door.

The free electricity was being shared by the peeps there before us, we had the last space.

Nice walking areas.

On site Marie was very helpful, when we had problems phoning the Vet in Rouen where we were heading for.

Would certainly use it again.

. B-)

Derek Uzzell - 2022-03-03 10:33 AM

Now long queues on the eastbound carriageway of the N12 to the west of the traffic-light-controlled intersection.

(Click on 2nd link in my previous posting...)

Yes it's quite obvious that nothing has improved. That's a useful real time link - thanks.

I've worked out a bypass that is 8km shorter, but 18 mins longer (but since I've queued for about 30 mins at Nonancourt in the past, maybe not longer?) exiting the N154 after Evreux at J10 for Prey, then down the D52 via St Andre-de-L'Eure to Marcilly-sur-Eure and thence via D143 and D16.1 to the northern section of the Dreux ring road. These D roads are 2 lane roads (from Street view) and some are green picturesque roads on the Michelin map so much more enjoyable than the N154/N12. On these sort of roads, may even find a picnic area for coffee or lunch? That would be a bonus!

I do appreciate that it could be a fag if your are in a hurry, but we are not, so I'll give it a try in May and let you know.

The Prey - St Andre-de-l'Eure - Marcilly-de-l'Eure, via D165, D52, D143 and D16.1 will work fine. It takes you to a T junction with the D928, where turn right onto D928 for 0.8 miles and then left to D156 signed Chartres and Le Mans. Down D156 to rbt. second exit onto beginning of N154 (still sp. Chartres and Le Mans) and then follow N154 through three rbts. in succession and around Dreux to Vernioullet and final rbt. where the N154 exits south for Chartres. I've used this for several years and it works well in both directions (last time was northbound in 2018).

There's a Carrefour super just north of St Andre-de-l'Eure, with a large car park (and pumps) that makes a reasonable stopping point for a break or meal (or a fill up).

Brian Kirby - 2022-03-07 6:47 PM

The Prey - St Andre-de-l'Eure - Marcilly-de-l'Eure, via D165, D52, D143 and D16.1 will work fine. It takes you to a T junction with the D928, where turn right onto D928 for 0.8 miles and then left to D156 signed Chartres and Le Mans. Down D156 to rbt. second exit onto beginning of N154 (still sp. Chartres and Le Mans) and then follow N154 through three rbts. in succession and around Dreux to Vernioullet and final rbt. where the N154 exits south for Chartres. I've used this for several years and it works well in both directions (last time was northbound in 2018).

There's a Carrefour super just north of St Andre-de-l'Eure, with a large car park (and pumps) that makes a reasonable stopping point for a break or meal (or a fill up).

Thanks for the confirmation Brian. Might even divert to Ivry-la-Bataille, then down the Eure on the D143 through Ezy-s-Eure to Marcilly-s-Eure. Another "green" highlighted route on the Michelin map. Better than seeing the back of trucks on the N153 and N12!

Jeremy

Archived