Alarms for habitation area

Accipiter Nisus

I thought I would fit an alarm in my Elddis Accordo 105. I've fitted various mechanical theft deterrents, but I want to fit a basic alarm that would detect entry to the living space and set off a loud siren. I had decided on the Haegil 847 system which looked as though it would be a good reliable piece of equipment, partly because it uses a microwave detector which I felt would be preferable to a PIR which might be unstable in sunlight and temperature extremes. However, Haegil tell me it's no longer available.

There seems to be so much out there which is either very cheap and probably nasty, or rather expensive offering all sorts of functions I don't want. I wondered if anyone has any experience of installing a good reliable basic alarm preferably 12 volt hard wired that they could recommend.

Accipiter Nisus - 2022-03-14 2:12 PM

Thanks Colin, That's the Haegil H-847, the one I wanted to buy that's no longer made.

A GOOGLE-search retrieves a few UK adverts for the H-847 system stating that it is "In stock". Whether it actually is (and the adverts are 'safe') is another matter.

Archived