P&O ferries Unitholders

notdunroaming

A few years ago some kind souls helped me to log in to the Unitholders website. Apparently my computer was not compatible with theirs, but after your help, I was successful & managed many on line bookings since.

Now there is no such website, they keep saying they are ‘on it’ but that was probably 3 years ago!

They did however give us a ‘dedicated helpline’ which did work until recently but I tried on & off for 2 days last week without success.

Does anyone else out there still have the Unitholder concession & can they give me any hints, tips, etc?

It was a really good scheme but it does seem they may be trying to phase us out!

Sadly I had to book with another cross channel operator.

Diane

The information here is (supposedly) up to date

https://cee-trust.org/portal/p-o-ferries-unitholders-portal/

We have not been P&O unitholders for quite some time, so I've had no need to experiment with their website since you asked for advice in 2013.

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/P-O-ferries-Unitholders-previously-Stockholders-/30025/

As you've said, there doesn't seem to be a dedicated online portal for unitholders, so unitholder bookings may need to be made by telephone nowadays. Have you tried using the standard P&O website and attempted to login with your unitholder details?

P&O's terms and conditions say

4. Application Procedures

4.1 Applications for reservations under these rules can be made with P&O Ferries by calling 0870 6000612 (0044 1304864 156 from outside the UK) and quoting the unit holder reference number. Bookings under these rules can also be made via P&O Ferries’ website www.poferries.com and entering the unit holder number and log on, as detailed in the accompanying letter.

4.2 Applications under these rules cannot be accepted in any other way, in particular by application made in person.

4.3 An application under these rules will be treated as made on the date on which it was processed by P&O Ferries.

4.4. No fare discount can subsequently be granted in respect of a reservation made or ticket purchase otherwise than in accordance with these rules.

4.5 In the event of cancellation or amendment of a reservation made under these rules and in the event of a refund, P&O Ferries shall be entitled in its discretion to require payment of an administrative charge for the out of pocket expense incurred in relation thereto.

A bit like not doing breakfast any more on the Dover Calais crossing and not telling anyone although the continue to keep the RoRo or commercial restaurant fully open serving breakfast. I was told by a chap with lots of scrambled egg on his hat that they are know longer allowed to. An odd statement to come up with when the commercial drivers eat and breath just the same and an officer can wear his breakfast on his hat. I’ve been using that ferry for 40 years. I will now take the tunnel P&O

Archived