new ducato

timofleeds

timofleeds - 2007-04-23 7:01 PM Now there are a few of the new ducatos around can anybody confirm if they have an adjustment for the headlamps to dip from RHD to LHD? Regards Tim

We have a new Fiat Ducato.  It has the usual headlight 'up and down' adjustment but there is no switch to convert LH to RH and there was no mention of it at the 'walkaround/handover' when we collected it.

Looks like it's a Halfords visit then? 

Thanks for your replies, I know about the spare wheel and have decided to get the tyres filled with the sealing compound and see how we go. If I can find a spare wheel and tyre to fit at a reasonable price I may buy it. I think I will get a pair of new RHD headlamps and fit them when in the UK and refit the LHD ones when we travel abroad.

Regards Tim

Hi Pentland, I know the speedo will be in KPH, I have arranged to get this sorted by a company in Leeds called SPEED DIALS they will make an overlay and fit it for me. I do not know the cost yet but I think that it will be in the region of £100.

Regards Tim

Way2Go - 2007-04-24 6:46 AM
timofleeds - 2007-04-23 7:01 PM Now there are a few of the new ducatos around can anybody confirm if they have an adjustment for the headlamps to dip from RHD to LHD? Regards Tim

We have a new Fiat Ducato.  It has the usual headlight 'up and down' adjustment but there is no switch to convert LH to RH and there was no mention of it at the 'walkaround/handover' when we collected it.

Looks like it's a Halfords visit then? 

I notice in the May MMM which has just arrived, in the 'Marketplace' (p 206) that headlamp protectors are available for teh Fiat Ducato 2007, at £22 per pair inc p&p. This seems pretty reasonable to me, and I shall certinaly invest in some for the new motorhome I think - I don't know though if they have any markings for sticking on the diffusers to change the beam direction.

Keith T - 2007-04-27 11:40 PM I notice in the May MMM which has just arrived, in the 'Marketplace' (p 206) that headlamp protectors are available for teh Fiat Ducato 2007, at £22 per pair inc p&p. This seems pretty reasonable to me, and I shall certinaly invest in some for the new motorhome I think - I don't know though if they have any markings for sticking on the diffusers to change the beam direction.

I haven't looked at the headlamps yet with regard to markings, and won't be able to for a few days, but I'll let you know about the 'markings' then unless anyone beats me to it.

Having had two punctures in 3 weeks (One resulting in a new tyre) on my VW Touran, (A car with no spare, apart from a tin of gue and air compressor) .

When you see the flat bit at the bottom of the wheel, realise you are going nowhere until it is propely fixed and using the gue will probably mean that the tyre may have to be replaced is an experience I want not to repeat.

A motorhome with no spare, is very scary.

Archived