France with dog - travelling with Brittany Ferries

sandalwood

Going to France late August to mid September. Assist required please. Detailed below

When coming back from Cherbourg can anyone recommend. Good vet nearby? When does he have to be jabbed? I believe I can’t take dog food? Although can get my brand in France.

My dog 1 year 4 months has to stay in vehicle 4 1/2 hours, never done before,, do we just hope ok! He will be crated in Motorhome? Any other dog advice welcomed!

I will have his rabies and animal health certificate, how long before travel.?

I appreciate many questions, but never taken dog before and don’t want to fall foul of French authorities! Any advice appreciated, many thanks in advance,

Both of us triple jabbed and have documentary proof from NHS

I appreciate

sandalwood - 2022-04-07 4:47 PM

When coming back from Cherbourg can anyone recommend. Good vet nearby? fall foul of French authorities! Any advice appreciated, many thanks in advance,

Vets here don't have a dog myself but a friend uses a vet in St mere eglise

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl=en&mid=1iIlzLt0KPOT6sNe-n7TuoAgxcjI&ll=50.321257163610305%2C3.3683761652908375&z=5

If you go back from the continent for example In Calais whit dogs in to the uk. You will face a huge barrier of regulations. There is even a parking place to enter whit dogs marked. And a house to check your dog neck chip and vaccine in a strict time schedule. All vets near Calais make a lot of money for it. Your Uk rules. Just a Misère.

Archived