South Wales Dealer?

Vixter

Hi everyone. My son is thinking of getting a used camper and wants to do the rounds of the local(ish) dealers to get a feel for what they want. Yes - I know it's not the best time of year, but there we are! He lives in NP26 so near Newport, Cardiff, Bristol etc. Does anyone have positive personal experience of buying a camper through a dealer in this area? Many thanks, Vixter

Hi , Newport Caravans have a good reputation.

I haven't bought a motorhome from them although they have done work on a motorhome in past and have been good.

A friend has bought from them, and has servicing done there , and is pleased with them.

Patrick

When we lived in Pembrokeshire there were not that many dealers in the whole of South Wales so when looking we would just do the rounds of all those listed, or go to a show.

Dealer ownerships and staff and brands sold all change over time and what may have once been an excellent dealer for brand X can soon become a poor dealer for brand Y.

All you can do is use your own considerable experience, and the experiences of others, maybe internet based reviews, especially the bad ones, to try and suss out the good from the bad and hope for the best.

As you probably know initial presentation of a van for sale can give one a good insight into the dealers attitude.

Good luck

breakaleg - 2022-04-14 1:11 PM

Not sure if this is too far to travel but, West country motorhomes and Highbridge motorhomes are quite close together and sell some different brands and also very close to each other.

Pete

In that area Somerset Motorhomes has/had a good reputation and there are many others in that area as a Google search will show.

Chelston used to be fair traders but much has changed there so I don't know.

Archived