Antwerp

costaexpress

I am off to Germany in a couple of weeks, regular trip for me, however, I have been getting more and more fed up of the Antwerp ring road and its constant delays and queuing to the point where I nearly always travel over night just to avoid the congestion. I cannot do this on my next trip and i was wondering if any members have found a good alternative route short of going via Brussels?

This has been bugging me for a while so apologies if I have already asked the question in the past

costaexpress - 2022-04-22 10:25 AM

I am off to Germany in a couple of weeks, regular trip for me, however, I have been getting more and more fed up of the Antwerp ring road and its constant delays and queuing.....

This was always the bit I used to dread whenever off on a tour as ending up in the wrong lane is easily done and then you either have to go off in a direction you know you don't want, or try to force your way back in before that happens and Belgian drivers are not exactly the most forgiving!

Short of exiting the motorway some miles before Antwerp (south of the ring road and north of Brussels) and taking 'back roads', I could never figure an alternative so stuck with it.

Archived