2007 Adria Twin

b6x

Not personal... just specific to the Twin and therefore pretty boring to everyone else.

The information available in the technical specs is a little vague and just wanted to check a couple of small queries, such as whether the heating is gas+electric or just gas.

Ta.

Yeah. The technical brochure says:

"Truma gas/electric hot water and heating"

... so not really conclusive. I'd read that as it having gas+electric water+heating (i.e. both has both), however dealer says it's just gas heating.

Dont really trust the technical specs either as they also say:

"2 burner hob + gas oven Smev 1002GT"

"Gas grill"

... but thats not true. The twin only has a grill.

Ta

If you really want definitive answers why not contact Adria UK direct?  If you e-mail them you'll have written answers, so they may be a bit more specific.

The heating unit is a Truma combi, but I don't know what model.  I suspect it is a C4002, to which a 450W water heater element can be added either as factory fit by Truma, or bought as an "add on, aftermarket fit item".  I do now know whether Adria are offering the electric element as standard, or as an option, or not at all.  However, if the latter, provided the bed was removed and a 230V power supply brought in, the element could be added.

Re oven, there was an "oven" in the 2007 model Twin we looked at.  It is very small, and seemed, in reality, little more than a grill with a glass door.  We thought it a waste of storage space in so small a van.

The finishes were very impressive, the layout generally good, the lifting bed ingenious and logical, the seating and dining area good, the two burner hob was a drawback for us and the small fridge ditto.  My overall impression was too much space was devoted to the washroom at the expense of the food storage, preparation and cooking functions. 

I guess it all depends on how you'd use it, but this is a rather compact van for extended use on "no facilities" sites.  We'd therefore have preferred a design that accepted this, assumed you'd shower elsewhere and provided just a toilet cubicle, with the resulting gain in space distributed in favour of a deeper kitchen with three burner hob and a half decent fridge.

I've scoured the panel van conversions for something along those lines, with finishes to match Adrias, but not found anything.  In the end we have turned to the compact coachbuilts (mostly those called ".....van") as better value for money and better use of almost identical external dimensions.

Hope this helps.

I called in at Premier Motorhomes near Chichester a week ago and they have a good selection of about four new 'Twins' there: as you are in Hampshire it may be a convenient dealer to visit who could answer all your questions.

I did notice that one of the Twins had a split personality: badged as "120 Multijet" on one side and "100 Multijet" on t'other:

I told the dealer who hadn't noticed. That has been through Fiat, Adria and Premier without it being spotted.

Harvey 'Hawkeyes'

I have been to Premier a few times, and was close to signing on the dotted line, but had troubles getting them to answer my emails. I specifically wanted a silver van, and they had one on order due in a month or so ago, so was going to purchase that one... however this extended to June for some reason. So have since ordered one from elsewhere, added a few personal options, and it's (apparently) due around July.

I noticed the split personality van too, about a month ago and pointed it out to them. Surprised they haven't changed it yet. In fact, that was the van we drove as a "is it worth getting a 120?" test, as it is actually a 120. Also noticed one of the vans had a massive nail through the tyre.

As a matter of interest, did they have the silver van there? Hopefully the options we've added to ours will make waiting a few months worth while, but I would love to have it right now with the current weather.

Thanks

b6x - 2007-05-01 8:38 AM

As a matter of interest, did they have the silver van there? Hopefully the options we've added to ours will make waiting a few months worth while, but I would love to have it right now with the current weather.

Thanks

I replied to this earlier but it seems to have got lost ........

As I and my wife recall, there were two white ones and a metalic red one and Premier's website shows those to be in stock, still, but no Silver one.

Harvey

Hi Harvey,

Thanks for the info. I did contact Global Motorhomes but unfortunately the 'van is currently in stock in their Glasgow office. I'm based in the South so it's a bit too far just to take a look.

If anyone's popping into Glasgow Global MH, then I'd appreciate a picture :-D

Thanks again.

b6x

Archived