Lidl portable satellite box

Ralph

I see that Lidl are getting their sattelite receivers in again, next week (3rd.) £59.99

As a very light TV user I bought one of these a while ago and find it works OK. And it provides hours of entertainment to other campers who can watch me trying to set it up :-S

07_0762_b.jpg.afb130152a927a9b95f58a473956ed5a.jpg

Ralph - 2007-04-26 11:42 AM

I see that Lidl are getting their sattelite receivers in again, next week (3rd.) £59.99

As a very light TV user I bought one of these a while ago and find it works OK. And it provides hours of entertainment to other campers who can watch me trying to set it up :-S

Same here, but as I found the only time we really wanted TV was when it was cold or raining, it became a pain to go outside and set it up!!

Now changed to the brilliant Maxview Crankup but use the FTA box from the Lidl suitcase so not a complete waste of money.

Even on a half hour stop over I can get the news or weather in less than two minutes.

How much did that cost?

I really only watch TV occasionally. In fact it was only after leaving Lidl with my purchase that I realised that I don't even have a TV in the van.

I now use a TV card on my laptop which would be useless for regular viewing but OK for occasional.

tezza - 2007-04-26 11:36 PM

Derek

Was that a fitted cost or did you fit it yourself?

I did it myself. As long as you've got the guts to drill two holes in your roof, one of them 32mm and to make doubly sure there are no obstructions both inside and outside, you'll be alright.

I found it quite straight forward. The usual fitting cost is £200 inc VAT. I wish someone had given me £200 quid when I'd finished the job!! About £50 an hour.

Archived