new to motorhome ownership

afandy

Hi all..I have a Fiat ducato Rollerteam Motorhome and i have a problem with my liesure battery not charging from my lead to 240 volts allthough it seems to charge when the Vehicle is running...Any ideas or who can help in the Bedfordshire area..Also need to get a Tow bar fitted anyone recommend anyone ...Thanks Andy

To Be honest havent noticed red light....I have owners manual but quite difficult to understand as it covers Many makes of base vehicle and -printed in 4 languages...Went a to a very local dealer in March to get booked in for help but was told he was taking bookings for JULY... :-S

Guest peter

It shouldn't really matter what the base vehicle is, as it's the converter that fits all the 240volt bits. So they should all be more or less the same.

Does the fridge work on 240volt

Do any of the mains sockets have power

Is the charger unit switched on (some have a switch)

Check consumer unit is on

Check lead for continuity

If the above checks are positive then charger unit or fuse in line from charger to batteries is possibly faulty.

OK, so we have power getting in, so unless you have a switch to change the charge over from Liesure battery to engine battery, which I do not believe you have, there is a fault.

If you are technically competant you need to check the charger has mains power going in and approx 13.8 volts out. There should be a power on LED (light) on the charger so check if it is on. Unfortunately the charger may be hidden in the depths somewhere. If you can give the Roller team model, I or someone else may be able to tell you where it is. Possibly behind a panel below dining table, but could be in numerous places.

Unfortuately the charger used in most Rollerteams has internal non user accessable fuses. Hopefully the charger is located in a wardrobe or cupboard in your model.

If you can locate the charger, then any auto electrician will be able to check it out.

To many this will sound daft saying the charger can be hidden, but in the budget Roller teams and italian/spanish built homes they have a habit of hiding them behind a panel fixed with screws, but will be near a mains outlet socket to save on wiring.

Is it possible the battery has been changed and someone has inadvertently connected it reversed at some point - this would have blown the reverse polarity fuse in the charger.

It may prove to be something simple like a connector to the charger has been dislodged.

Hope this helps.

J.

...Many thanks for your help...pretty sure charger is under one of the front seats will check tomorrow...Rollerteam model is a 181 Fiat Ducato 2.8 03 reg... I had to change the battery end of last year hopefully i did it ok but will check out your points

Archived