Rear View Monitors - Anybody Understand Settings

DavyS

I have just had a new reversing/rear view twin camera system installed.

It came with a Stonkam HD700261DC from Daltek.

It came with a user manual which describes how you can change its settings; but, as so often is the case, does not explain what the settings are for. So for instance:

Autoscan - what does it do?

Triggers - for each camera can set;

delay - 1-60s - why would you want a delay?

priority - each camera can be 1-4 - dont know what for.

Has anyone set one of these up and know what the settings are FOR?

I have found out that Autoscan cycles through the images from each camera. Dont know when you would use this.

I think that the problem may be, that in the age when building options into software is almost free, then the software designers put lots of options in just for the sake of it.

DavyS - 2022-07-17 6:57 PM

I have found out that Autoscan cycles through the images from each camera. Dont know when you would use this.

I think that the problem may be, that in the age when building options into software is almost free, then the software designers put lots of options in just for the sake of it.

I won't pretend to know much about such things but I was going to suggest that maybe some of the " features" were pehaps not applicable to a single camera, MH type of installation ?

This seems to be borne out by their website?...which shows multi-camera commercial vehilce applications..

https://www.stonkam.com/products/Cameras.html

( besides, if we all intuitively knew how to operate such things, then they obviously hadn't been built with enough "features" yet.... :-D )

Archived