Zenec z e3715

Scott

My MH Zenec will not store Sat Nav setting when the device is switch off. When switched back on the sat nav goes through the initial setup again. The radio doesn’t lose the present stations. So, this problem only affects the Sat Nav. I’ve updated the system software, contacted Zenec ,Naviextras ( No Joy )and checked the wiring. Anyone know if there’s an internal battery in the radio that stores settings? 

The navigation settings for the NNG software should be saved on the SD card, which would be unaffected by any power/battery input missing.

Either the initial setup isn't saving the settings correctly, or (possibly, but unlikely if it works once the values are re-input) the SD card itself has write-protect (physically) set on it. I'm wary of the latter, as the SD card stores multiple items in navigation use, and I think you would probably be seeing other issues - worth a look, though.

If you can read the SD card in a PC, there should be a top-level folder called "Navigation" or something very similar. In the structure below that, there are all the functional folders, including a "Save" folder. I'm pretty sure the settings (and other more dynamic values from last use) are retained under the "Profiles" folder under that. (under profile folder "01" on my version).

It is possible that initial values don't get saved if you don't complete the setup correctly ("Finish"?) or by exiting the navigation in an odd way (though the latter may not be possible on a dedicated unit such as the Zenec - it is a known issue on Android versions).  

On 10/3/2022 at 9:40 AM, Robinhood said:

If you can read the SD card in a PC, there should be a top-level folder called "Navigation" or something very similar. In the structure below that, there are all the functional folders, including a "Save" folder. I'm pretty sure the settings (and other more dynamic values from last use) are retained under the "Profiles" folder under that. (under profile folder "01" on my version).

It is possible that initial values don't get saved if you don't complete the setup correctly ("Finish"?) or by exiting the navigation in an odd way (though the latter may not be possible on a dedicated unit such as the Zenec - it is a known issue on Android versions).  

Had a look , can't see any "save" folder or "profile" in the root directory . I have placed one on the sd card , but not tried it yet . Is it possible for you to put some pics on your sd card directory . 

Just got back to this. Glad you've got it sorted.

From the directory structure above, it looks like Steve's unit is Android based (are you sure it's a 5736, Steve, not a 3766?).

Screenshots of the latest units look like they're Android based, whereas the earlier ones are WIN-CE based, and the structures are rather different. (There is also an implication from online posts that the saved values for Android are put in main Android storage, not on the SD card).

On the WIN-CE units (two examples I have), the Saved values are under Save/Profiles as above. 

Savelocation.JPG

1 hour ago, Robinhood said:

From the directory structure above, it looks like Steve's unit is Android based (are you sure it's a 5736, Steve, not a 3766?).

Yes, sorry, I made a mess of that and it should read 3756; the double-din one before they went big screen with the 3766.

Archived