Fiamma Privacy room

ChrisD

ChrisD - 2007-04-30 9:06 AM

Does anyone have experience of the fiamma privacy room and whether the zip or clip fixing is best. we are thinking of buying a 3.5m room but would be grateful for a veterans opinion

Thank you

Chris

Hi Chris - yes we had one on our last motorhome. This was the 'zip' version, and once we got the hang of the whole thing, it took around an hour, I suppose, to set up, and get evrything pegged down.

The best thing about it was its stability - we did use the extra strap over, but having the end poles makes the actual roof a lot more stable, and we often used these even when only the roof was in situ.

The sides really enclosed the whole thing well, and although the zip process took a lot of getting used to, it gave a full join with the roof. Having seen a number of the clip type on sites, they seemed to billow and flap around a lot more. If you go for the zip one, just ensure that the zips work well, and keep them lubricated. In fairness we only tended to use it once or so per year, that was when we stayed on teh same site for quite a while.

In fact, for the new motorhome, we're going for a Factory fitted (Omnistor) roof awning only, and purcahsing separartely the lightweight rain blocker side peices, as we think this gives more flexibility for our purposes.

I agree with Keith. The zip version is far more practical and will not come apart at the joins as the clip versions do in anything more than a breeze.

Check that you can reach the awning where it meets the van especially if you are on the short side. I had to resorted to a short pair of steps. Have now changed the van and have not bothered with a safari room since.

ChrisD - 2007-04-30 9:06 AM

Does anyone have experience of the fiamma privacy room and whether the zip or clip fixing is best. we are thinking of buying a 3.5m room but would be grateful for a veterans opinion

Thank you

Chris

Hi Chris,

I don't know what van you have but if your roller blind is recessed into the van you need to be very careful with your choice of privacy rooms.

Don

Archived