Newbury show

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

Is it possible to camp for one night only at show and any one from here attending?

calling MTH auto gas tomorrow to see if they can fit refillable bottles on Saturday or Sunday morning...

most probably fully booked :-S

We shall be there, Richard Cecil (MTH) I guess will be there with his charming young lady assistant as its a simple blat down the motorway for him to get to Newbury (Chievely). Its best to ring him and pre warn him if you want him to fit some kit for you on site. Book his time.

I would not expect the Newbury event to be fully booked as its relatively new and its a BIG site. Give Warners a ring as well.

Its also likely to be warmer than Peterborough was!

Enjoy

Clive

Hi Eddie, its worth bearing in mind that the cylinders will be empty when fitted so you'll have to go out and find a fuel station to fill them up. Alternatively you could fit them yourself, it really is no more complex than changing a cylinder with the exception of fitting the filler point into your bodywork. I'm fitting mine on a bracket inside the gas locker, we have a local budget gas depot who charge the correct duty rate for domestic fuel so I'll be filling up there and not on garage forecourts.

Oh yes, we'll be there too.

D.

JudgeMental - 2007-04-30 10:18 PM

Is it possible to camp for one night only at show and any one from here attending?

:-S

Non pre-booked prices for the Newbury Show are:-

Thursday to Monday £34

Friday to Monday £32

Saturday to Monday £30

Prices are per pitch for up to 2 adults+ 3 children

So yes, you can stay for one night but you will have to pay the appropriate price for whichever night you arrive ......

I hope that is clear and yes, I'll be there too.

Harvey

:-D Hi Dave

I agree with you it is dead simple to fit your own, I fitted my filler cap inside the gas box and have no trouble filling where I by my gas, DIY and save money.

I hope to be at the show (have booked for 3 nights) but depends on the sale of our house

Paul "worms" (lol) (lol)

:-D Hi Dave

I agree with you it is dead simple to fit your own, I fitted my filler cap inside the gas box and have no trouble filling where I by my gas, DIY and save money.

I hope to be at the show (have booked for 3 nights) but depends on the sale of our house

Paul "worms" (lol) (lol)

Guest JudgeMental
Don Madge - 2007-05-02 11:51 AM

Do you intend to get an external filling point fitted (?)

Don

No, going for internal bracket - as may change camper in a few years to low roof model ( once children stop coming...) and it makes it easier to move.

thinking of external barbecue point though.

Guest JudgeMental

Very funny Tony!

teenagers now, unlikely to want to know in a few years - its difficult enough dragging them away now :-D

Yes, I remember that moment very clearly.

It was 1998, our two had already outgrown the previous camper so we'd done without one for a couple of years, and took other kinds of cheap hols instead. Then we used a small windfall to take a long-awaited trip to Canada, for which they joined us, and only after that did they both announce they'd decided that would be their last holiday with us.

"We decided a while ago but we weren't going to miss the Canada trip!" they said.

"Are you quite sure about this?"

"quite sure."

"Is that your final answer?"

"Yes."

So that's when we went out and bought our already-old TWO-berth trannie (later named Hannibal when he crossed the Alps).

We've never looked back!

It won't be long Judge!

Tony

We can't get rid of our teenagers. Well.... our daughter (turning 15) is not too sure sometimes, hates it when we go somewhere in our home town (Newbury) in the van in case a friend sees her. I really don't understand why :-D

But they all love Europe.

We've told them all that they will be booted out of home when they turn eighteen (lol)

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you motley bunch at Newbury - we live literally about 200yds as the crow files from the show grounds. Look out for someone with a cap that says "Ivy Safaris", a Belgian father-in-law and and a French mother-in-law.

Guest JudgeMental
MOTORHOMER - 2007-05-03 11:39 PM

We will be there

Motorhomer

we will all be like ships passing in the night...

as I will be in civvies, and unrecognizable from my Avatar

we need forum badges?

Personally,

I wouldn't be opposed to anyone seeing me with a pink carnation just a tad embarrsed. They would say oh there go's that silly **** who hasn't a clue .

Now for the rest of you it's a different matter because you all have so much knowledge. So if you all wear one I can sing your praises to my husband . God you must all think he's like me ?. No he's the intellegent half whom can spell and has a brain.. it's a shame he hasn't got into this as I,m sure he would be of help to people .

Never mind you will all just have to make do with me can always answer the medical ones' if your van has a cough like :D

Judge ,

prey tell more re the external BBQ point . we had one on our trailer pennine unit. We do miss it ended up buying the cadac this time round .

it was a fantastic little gadget for gas BBQ and a good thing is it was so easy no messing fussing .. I wonder if this would be an easy thing to do .

Hubby is very handy .Perhaps you know of the cost of this little bit of equiptment ?... ;-)

We're off to Newbury too. Don't think a pink carnation will go with tee shirt and jeans though!

It is obvious that anyone who has an avatar that is not a self image wants to remain anonymous. But if you would like to meet other forummers, why not print your avatar and display it, then the passing ships will recognise each other!!! ;-)

Archived