Converted Campervan

badabing

Good Afternoon,

Hopefully this is allowed - if not admins please remove

I work a campervan conversion company (BadaBing Campers) and we have recently completed a conversion on a VW T6.1. We're super proud of how this turned out and simply wanted to share it with you lovely people. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

RichDSC_0043.thumb.jpg.1b714697288d7b6c517b594ac203f758.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

Hi all

I agree, a very smart looking unit  (without being too flashy and "showy", if you know what I mean).

I like the small overhead lockers (very handy in a fabric pop top) and l like that the rear seats are moveable ,so it can increase the rearmost load area ( and can be made to feel more car-like, with the rear passengers closer, so handy if carrying young children). There also appears to be "unfettered" load space under the rear seat.

We do currently own an old Wellhouse leisure Granvia with a "similar", side kitchen/rear seat layout, and as (from our experience) most "cooking" with such vehicles tends to be done outside (or in an awning or under tarp/canopy etc), I have always thought that perhaps a simpler, self contained "kitchen unit", which could be easily unlatched so it could be *removed (to be used in awning or outside or just stored in the shed/garage during the winter) would be good option?

*I realise that certain elements were needed to be "fixed" to satisfy DVLA's "motorcaravan" class but I seem to recall reading that new VW Transporter type/sized vehicles just get classed as "MPV" or similar now anyway, so that "fixed" bit may not matter now? I could be mistaken on that though..?

As for the above van's insulation?...well as it's a "campervan" with glass windows and a fabric top, it's always going to battle against extremes of heat & cold.

I agree, in our experience, most people tend to cook outside the van. For that reason, we’ve started looking at removable, self contained kitchen ‘pods’ which would enable you to cook etc outside in the awning. This would also enable you to remove the pod and use the van as a van as required.

All of our vans receive 3 stage lining and insulation including sound proofing, thermoliner and Dacron before finally being carpet lined. It’s also advisable to install a night heater just to take the chill off on those extra cold nights.

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

It looks good but much depends on the price. Does it have facilities for a night time usable loo as all too often this aspect is a major failing of most camper vans?

Good Afternoon, price largely depends on how the customers spec their vans/conversions.

This particular conversion didn't have a toilet as that wasn't requested by the customer. However, we have completed conversions for other customers with an integrated toilet. If a customer requires a certain product or function from their conversion, then we'll do our best to make that happen for them - we're quite an accommodating bunch here at BadaBing Campers ☺️

Thanks for the response. After many years of European meandering in a coacbuilt, followed by a time vanless, we are considering a compact motorhome or van conversion but it must have all the bits that make it usable off site and in bad weather so, as a dedicated coachbuilt affiionados, I don't think a VW camper is for us.

It looks good from the pictures, well thought out and constructed , and should go down well with VW and site using camper lovers and I wish you well in your endeavours.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Thanks for the response. After many years of European meandering in a coacbuilt, followed by a time vanless, we are considering a compact motorhome or van conversion but it must have all the bits that make it usable off site and in bad weather so, as a dedicated coachbuilt affiionados, I don't think a VW camper is for us.

It looks good from the pictures, well thought out and constructed , and should go down well with VW and site using camper lovers and I wish you well in your endeavours.

Thankyou very much and thanks for the kind words - all the best!

Archived