Why do you think my husband has

Poppy

Decided that we don't have to take ALL the food we need for a short break.? Just one nights perhaps. Do you think he is planning to take me to some nice restaurants ? or heck even nice take aways? Perhaps he has decided we should suport the local community? or is he worried about the weight in the van? NOOOOOO Its because we have a smaller fridge than we are used to and HE wants plenty of room for essentials i.e beer and chilled wine!

Poppy - 2007-05-02 12:37 PM

Decided that we don't have to take ALL the food we need for a short break.? Just one nights perhaps. Do you think he is planning to take me to some nice restaurants ? or heck even nice take aways? Perhaps he has decided we should suport the local community? or is he worried about the weight in the van? NOOOOOO Its because we have a smaller fridge than we are used to and HE wants plenty of room for essentials i.e beer and chilled wine!

Poppy,

If I was unkind I might think it was case of "mind over matter" - he doesn't mind and you don't matter! But no, that can't be it surely? Would a man ever give priority to booze over his nearest and dearest?

Bob

That's what the fridge is for, sorry Poppy I'm on their side, but you've got to be sure that the wine will be nicely chilled - with just enough room for the pate and cheese [which - of course has to come out to bring it room temperature!]

B-)

Poppy,

I've cracked it! As a considerate husband he is simply, in a very subtle way, communicating to you his desire to save you from the tiresome chore of camp cooking. He's filled the fridge with his booze in order to take up all the room for ingredients and save you the bother! Simple really and what a good egg he is eh? Now don't you feel guilty for questioning his motives?

Bob

Archived