Naturepure Water Filter in a Knaus Sun Ti?

david lloyd

I bought a Naturepure Water Filter and faucet at Peterborough Show but when I mentioned it to the after sales manager of my dealership on their stand he said that it is not suitable for the Knaus Sun Ti as it is not a pressurised water system.

The guy at General Ecology was happy to refund the (show price) of £155 but he has come across this particular view before and says it is suitable. He was happy to supply a microswitch for the faucet and, if there were any pressure problems, an in line booster to ensure a good flow.

We use a five litre water carrier for drinking water and I have been looking forward for some time to having one of these but didn't want to risk it if it really isn't suitable.

Have any Knaus owners (especially the Sun Ti variety) installed one and, if so, does it work well? Did you have to have a microswitch and in line booster?

What does anyone else who knows about such things think?

Regards, David

Hi Roy

Thanks for that suggestion. I would have preferred not to have to have a switch but could live with that just for the benefit of the filter system.

The aftersales manager at the dealership was less worried about switching the pump on though - he says that even with the pump running it doesn't have sufficient pressure to maintain a good flow through one of these filters.

David

I believe that the normal procedure when cabling up the ON/OFF switch is to splice into the wires leading from an existing nearby tap micro-switch.

I don't know whether you can obtain adequate pressure from the submerged water-pump Knaus use, but if your dealer suspects not then I've no reason to doubt that view. Presumably an 'in-line booster' is a small supplementary electric pump in the water-feed to the NaturePure tap. If this is so, then you may wish to explore how much current such a pump uses and where you could get the power from.

David,

I'll be very interested to hear how you get on as I am planning to install the same type of filter in my Sport Ti 650. Following the advice in the article in the latest MMM I was planning to put it in line in the bathroom basin's supply. If you need to install a booster pump I expect I will have to.

Bob

I would think a fair idea of whether a booster pump would be required could be obtained by blocking the shower-head (or a kitchen tap) with your hand and turning on the water-flow. If you can't stop the water from spurting out everywhere then you probably won't need a booster: if the water flow is easily impeded then you probably will.

I have the same problem on my hymer. I us a caravan tap with a microswitch built in , the flow is good enough to fill a kettle , it beats lugging bottles of water from the supermarket. :-D

hymer - 2007-05-06 8:04 PM

I have the same problem on my hymer. I us a caravan tap with a microswitch built in , the flow is good enough to fill a kettle , it beats lugging bottles of water from the supermarket. :-D

That's a good idea - thanks for that hymer.

Just have to find out (or decide for myself) if there will be enough pressure to get water through the filter.

Regards, David

I do not know where you live David but if its within reach of Nottinham area I am quite willing to disconnect my Naturepure so that you can connect it to the input to your existing cold tap tosee if it will work.

Only snag I am away until May 21st then away again 31st May.

Just let me know if this is any help.

trigrem - 2007-05-07 8:12 PM

I do not know where you live David but if its within reach of Nottinham area I am quite willing to disconnect my Naturepure so that you can connect it to the input to your existing cold tap tosee if it will work.

Only snag I am away until May 21st then away again 31st May.

Just let me know if this is any help.

Hi Trigrem

What a great gesture - I have sent you a PM.

Regards, David

Archived