Waste Water Connections

Guest Trealawboy

Guest Trealawboy
I have an Elnagh Marlin Slim 5 that suits me well apart from the waste water outlet being large bore and situated in the centre of the body. This leads to a lot of shuffling back and fore over waste water disposal points such as those at Caravan Club Sites. Ideally I want to adapt the outlet to a longer flexible pipe the outlet of which could be located on the side of the van. This would also enable a portable waste water container to be used if necessary. It strikes me that I can either bodge a pipe into the exising 50 cm internal outlet pipe or fit a new outlet into the waste water tank as this does have a blank pipe outlet available although a suitable coupling would be needed. Anyone had any experience doing something like this?

Have you tried CAK tanks, they do a range of waste fittings with different bores, not sure about UK, but in Canada the flexible has to be disconected when driving on roads, but you would normaly have a fixed pipe at side of van which is easily connected to.

I've always had large bore outlets on my motorhome waste tanks - they really are preferable to the small bore ones because (a) you empty the tank properly without leaving undrained smelly water and sediment at the bottom and (b) it's a matter of moments to empty the tank. A small bore emptying pipe will take for ever!

You can buy a Fiamma emptying tank on wheels which will wheel under the vent and takes 40 litres at a go. Easy to use and empty - takes up space but weighs nothing empty.

Even our van conversion has a big bore waste drop - right in the middle - but I really don't understand you problem maneouvring.

Mel E

====

Trealawboy - 2007-05-06 5:11 PM

..............It strikes me that I can either bodge a pipe into the exising 50 cm internal outlet pipe or fit a new outlet into the waste water tank.........

Wow! 50 cm - now that's some large bore outlet!!

Just teasing Trealawboy - we have a 40mm outlet on the Sun Ti but, fortunately, it is located to the nearside just behind the skirt along with the large release handle so it is fairly easy to get at. I did have some difficulties at sites without proper emptying points and found that the standard 40mm kitchen waste pipe fittingd were a good fit so bought one bend, a couple of straight joiners and 2m of pipe. The pipe was cut into three pieces which can fit together to reach almost any type of drain now.

Regards, David

Trealawboy - 2007-05-06 5:11 PM

I have an Elnagh Marlin Slim 5 that suits me well apart from the waste water outlet being large bore and situated in the centre of the body. This leads to a lot of shuffling back and fore over waste water disposal points such as those at Caravan Club Sites. Ideally I want to adapt the outlet to a longer flexible pipe the outlet of which could be located on the side of the van. This would also enable a portable waste water container to be used if necessary. It strikes me that I can either bodge a pipe into the exising 50 cm internal outlet pipe or fit a new outlet into the waste water tank as this does have a blank pipe outlet available although a suitable coupling would be needed. Anyone had any experience doing something like this?

Hi Trealawboy

Try to get some 50mm layflat hose (say 2 or 3m) fit a coupling and then it should easily reach the disposal points, without too much manouvering.

Layflat will easily roll up when not required so taking up minimum space.

try ARCO, (Industrial supplier, but also have some retail outlets) they appear to have branches in most areas of the country, or a local Industrial Hose supplier

See http://www.arco.co.uk/cgi-bin/arcobvp.dll/Arco/controller?event=product&BV_SessionID=@@@@1045359925.1178561328@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccjaddkledleldcflgcefkdfggdfoo.0&productcode=4113038&OID=53303

Flicka

Guest Trealawboy
Thanks for the replies - I shall probably solve the problem with a combination of 40 mm pipe and hose and perhaps more accurate driving!!

Archived