What reg will my import be

fjmike

Just having a look at Mel's importing motorhomes factsheet (good job Mel) and was wondering if when registering my imported motorhome what prefix reg. number I would be given. As I live in Swindon the nearest DVLA centre is either Oxford or Bristol. Now would I get a prefix from one of these areas or do the DVLA have a seperate prefix for imports???????

Much as I would hate to argue but the 07 is the age designate, the prefix numbers (the two before the age designate) are usually first letter area second letter issue. I do know that Bristol is B and Reading is R. Having a quick google I can't seem to find a definitive list. So the question is still the same, do imports have a seperate prefix or is the local prefix used?

Guest JudgeMental

would help if more clear, new or pre registered,

new and first registration it will be the same as any other?

no separate registration for new imports as far as I know.

Imported motorhomes are given the registration prefix of the DVLA Local Office to which you apply for registration.

If not new, they are given a registration from the series that applied at the DVLA Local Office on their date of first registration abroad.

To be classed as new for registration purposes they must be re-registered in the UK within 2 weeks of collection from the overseas dealer and a Certificate of Newness Form completed, otherwise the V5 will be endorsed 'Previously Registered Abroad'. (This has nothing to do with newness asd defined for VAT purposes.)

Mel E

====

Archived