first weekend trip...

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

returned this afternoon from first trip in new camper, just down to the south coast.

unfortunately my 14 year old son came down with a tummy bug and was laid up all weekend ( probably withdrawal symptoms from MSN Messenger)

camper worked fine, great on the road and comfortable on site. went for the truma EH heating and run this on electric all weekend without having to use gas.

clutch on new Ford a real problem - having trouble getting used to it. a mechanic next to us said he could smell it and said there was no play in it. and that I should bring it to a Ford dealer to get adjusted...

fuel consumption hovered around 27mpg (has only covered 250miles) sure this will improve once it loosens up, thats if the clutch survives!

SOG works brilliantly - no smells at all ( even with my son using it frequently...)

"tailormade" covers work well, although true test will come in winter.

apart from the bits and pieces I forgot, what I need to buy is some sort of "steadies" as at times it was a bit like being on a boat. not bothered about fixed/fitted ones. any suggestions for a lightweight model and where to get them?

Great to hear you enjoyed the van, and hope you get the clutch sorted.

I did use the fiamma aluminium pyramid shaped steadies, approx 20 pounds, from Riversway Leisure in Preston. But, have now attached jacks to the tow bar steelwork. This frees up space in one of the lockers and enables me to carry even more wine!

Allen

Archived