Mon St Michel

Ralph

Not been to Mon St Michel for a few years and planning to go again this year.

What's the position for MH parking these days? Last time I went they were talking about digging up the causeway and I don't want to bother if it's going to be difficult to access but it's such a beautiful place.

Hi Ralph

Last time we called was Jly 06 and even though it was realy hot and really busy, there was plenty of places for motor homes.

I seem to remember it being a bit pricey for parking for the day but like you say, what a beautiful place.

Visited Mont St Michel last July, plenty of parking space for cars and motorhomes. Our parking fee also allowed us to overnight at the Mont.

The view of the Mont at dawn and sunset is truly spectacular.

We were there at Easter this year.  7 Euros (by memory) for 24 hours parking at the main car park at the foot of the Mont.  It was absolutely brilliant!  No facilities, though, so come prepared.  About 100 - 150 vans were overnighting, and the Mont lit up at night is a sight worth seeing!

The motorhome parking is still there (€8 pn) at the moment. When they start all the redevelopment isn't clear though, the website says work starts in 2005, finished 2010. Its now 2007 and a recent visitor reported some work being carried out just up the road at the village but not affecting the parking area.

http://www.projetmontsaintmichel.fr/en/index.asp

pete

• 2 weeks later...

We were there last Sept - 8 euros for 24hrs - magical place to stay.

there is a 'proper' aire there - in the town - we tried to fill up and empty - I went to buy a jeton - but the lady in the campsite reception said it was only for motorhomes staying on site - so gave up and we carried on.

Carol

DSCN0940.JPG.a239d8174e72b655bf737a94d4edb00b.JPG

Thanks for all the replies.

I've stayed there before ( I think it was a lot cheaper but France seems to be becoming a lot dearer) and it's magical.

The place gets very busy during the day but if you stay overnight with the van it's much better in the evening.

I was concerned about reports that they were going to dig up the causeway but it seems from the above replies that this hasn't happened yet.

The first time we visited Mont St Michel the Gauffres were made fresh in front of us from fresh batter and were fantastic with just a dusting of icing sugar.

The last time we visited the same stand they were pre made and dropped back into the mold to warm them up and were like rubber.

"Its more efficient" was the answer to my complaint.

It seems more customers means less time to do things properly.

First time was in the late 70,s, the last time in the late 90,s.

So any reports of a good gauffre stand at Mont St Michel would be welcome.

C.

Archived