Memory foam matress toppers

Guest peter

Guest peter
I don't know if you are all aware, but Dunnelm are selling these at £99.99. I bought one today and it's brill', much cheaper than I saw at P'boro show. They are 57mm thick and have a zip on cover to enable washing. Now my wife won't moan about the hard bed anymore. :D

Guest peter
butch - 2007-05-10 9:09 AM

Peter,

I wouldn't bank on the wife not moaning any more !! >:-(

Normally costs an awful lot more than £99.99p ;-)

Tell me about it! (lol) :D

We've got a £99.00 double one from the NEC show and it's great, we were able to compare I think 5 or 6 different makes at the show. We had a good feel of them all and the weight and density of the foam felt the same quality as the much more expensive ones so that fact that it was cheaper didn't actually mean that the quality was less, just that the marketing tool that inflates prices wasn't being 'employed' as much. We are very happy with ours and are very glad we bought it.

michele - 2007-05-10 10:24 PM

I,m happy with ours nice and soft BUT still get back ache ?

I give up.I,m falling apart

then stop doing position 85 :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> there's not enough room to manage that sharp turn in a camper! >:-)

B-)

michele - 2007-05-10 10:24 PM

I,m happy with ours nice and soft BUT still get back ache ?

I give up.I,m falling apart

We changed to memerory foam mattress and this started us getting back aches, gone back to corragated foam.

We purchased a bespoke memory foam mattress about 5 years back and this cured my back ache, so we bought another for the house. Both brilliant.

The hardest problem was getting the wife to provide honest information regarding her weight. Each side of the mattress has foam chosen to suit the size and weight of the occupants.

My notes reveal :-

Unit 3, 555 Sutton Road

Southend-on-Sea

Essex SS2 5FB

Tel/Fax: 01702 – 614421

Mon – Sun 10am until 4pm

By appointment only due to factory environment

Sales Line: 01268 – 778767

Mon – Sun 8am until 8pm

SPECIAL OFFER 40% off List Price

If you have a slatted bed base with gaps between the slats greater than 2” (50mm), please inform us at time of ordering.

UPPER LAYER

Manufactured from Visco-Elastic ‘Memory-Foam’ that has the qualities of being both energy absorbing and temperature sensitive responding to the user’s natural body heat.

MIDDLE LAYER

Manufactured from High-Grade ‘Load Bearing’ contoured foam to optimise ventilation.

LOWER LAYER

Standard Range, manufactured from High-Grade ‘Load Bearing’ foam to optimise pressure distribution with a choice of Hardness in Medium* or Firm to the users preference. Available as Dual FOC, (please see below).

LOWER LAYER

Combination Range, manufactured from High-Grade ‘Load Bearing’ foam to optimise pressure distribution with a choice of Density to the users declared own weight/s. Available as Dual FOC, (please see below).

THICKNESS

Available as 6ins (150mm) with 50mm upper layer, 40mm middle layer and 60mm lower layer, as 7ins (175mm) with 50mm upper layer, 40mm middle layer and 85mm lower layer, or as 8ins (200mm) with 75mm upper layer, 40mm middle layer and 85mm lower layer. A thicker mattress will not provide additional comfort. As a general guide, floor to mattress top should be between 20ins (500mm) and 22ins (560mm).

FOAM TO

British Standard BS 3379: 1991 (AMD 7126) Foam Classification and Recommended Application for Domestic foam mattress cores.

Schedule One, Part 1: The Furniture and Furnishings Fire and Safety Regulations 1988 (Amended 1989, 1993).

GUIDE TO

Adult (Individual Weights) Levels of Comfort and Support:

Standard Range in Hardness as – *Medium = up to 5’ 6” and 11 stones, 5’ 9” and 12 stones, 6’ 0” and 13 stones.

Combination Range in Density as – Up to 12 stones, 12 to 15 stones, 15 to 18 stones, Over 18 stones.

PATIENT CARE

Paediatric = Up to 8 stones, Standard = 8 to 22 stones, Bariatric = 22 to 30 stones.

If in doubt, please ring Martin Ashmore on mobile 07791-605722 Mon – Sun 8am until 8pm.

Archived