CAMOS DOMES

JohnP

I believe it is a very good product, especially effective in very windy conditions.

However, Camos cannot defy the laws of physics and if you're travelling to Spain, Italy etc. 40cm is just not big enough to receive Astra 2d signals (BBC/ITV/C4/C5).

Michele. Yes I have spent some time doing comparisons and was looking for the opinions and experience of others.

They seem very expensive and probably don't do a much better job than the Maxview Crank Up which I have on my present van. The big change of van comes next month, if all goes well with delivery etc.

Thanks to others for the tips about Spain, Italy and the Hebrides.

Silly but if I dont ask I dont get to know .SOoo why do these big 42ft long coaches have them fitted . The coaches that do the spainish & French trips .

What would be the point ? Or am I stupid and they only play onboard DVD's to the passengers ?.

michele - 2007-05-10 9:31 PM

Silly but if I dont ask I dont get to know .SOoo why do these big 42ft long coaches have them fitted . The coaches that do the spainish & French trips .

What would be the point ? Or am I stupid and they only play onboard DVD's to the passengers ?.

Michele

The main advantage with the Camos dome is that it works on a "Gyroscope" principle so that you can watch stations on the go.

That's why these buses have them. They can constantly follow the sat signal as you move around.

We have the bigger Oyster dish on our van as we have no kiddies to please, so normally watch things when we've settled on site.

We normally use our sat dish for monitoring the business and financial news. I'm allowed to watch the sport every now and again.!!! When her who must be obeys says that I can!!

Hope this info helps!!

Tgai

Thai Bry - 2007-05-10 10:57 PM

michele - 2007-05-10 9:31 PM

Michele

The main advantage with the Camos dome is that it works on a "Gyroscope" principle so that you can watch stations on the go.

That's why these buses have them. They can constantly follow the sat signal as you move around.Tgai

That's the 'posh' expensive version (approx £1,800). The normal Camos Dome (aprox £1,300) only works when the vehicle is stationary.

michele - 2007-05-11 9:24 AM

Alot of money for the posh exspensive version and No astra ? I think I will stick with me dish. To me To you to me thats it hold it there ;-)

You'll get Astra OK, just not in most of Spain, Italy etc.

Hi John. if you do decide on a Camos I can recommend Roadpro, we had one fitted by them at the Lincoln Show and got a small discount on their advertised price. The fitters brought a generator so we could try it out and made a very neat job. Had no problems in use apart from the usual trees etc.

It is possible to move the dome from one van to another by separating the unit from the 'feet' which are attached to the roof.

The price for just pushing a button to set it up is hard to justify, my excuse was that I was recovering from a heart attack at the time! Obviously this is a bit extreme and I'm sure other excuses can be thought of such as birthdays etc....

Archived