Omnistep relay location

HelenandBob

A UK Rapido dealership MIGHT be able to say where the relay is on a 2018 8096df, but probably your best bet would be to enquire on the Rapido Owners Group UK Facebook site

https://en-gb.facebook.com/groups/RapidoOwnersGroupUK/

(I owned a 2015 Rapido 640F for several years. This had a Thule Omnistep slide-out step with 'auto-retraction', but - as I never needed to investigate - I don't know where on my motorhome  Rapido installed the necessary relay. I vaguely remember there being a group of relays (3?) under the rear island bed, so the step-relay might have been there. As your motorhome has a double floor, there's more even more opportunity for Rapido to be bloody-minded and secrete the relay where one would least expect it to be.)

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently had the same problem and checked every relay that I could find. Finally found this diagram that gave the answer.

The problem was not the relay or the switch. It was simply a bad earth on the brown wire from S2 (the switch that tells the system that the step is closed) As you can see from the diagram, if it is not earthed the switch cannot operate.😀

Untitled - 1.jpg

Archived