M/H repairs in North Nerts

andy

I recently needed some work done for water ingress damage on a coachbuilt. The quality of finish left much to be desired, such as water pipes not correctly fitted so that when I filled the tank again water leaked back in to the area where I'd just had the damp repaired! Other problems included missing sealant around the washroom, a screw driven too far and hence through a wallboard in the lounge, a dent in the washroom wall, missing plugs and a few more. I would probably be advised not to name the company, but suffice to say that unlike a nearby business it did not come up smelling of roses!

Andy

Don't wish to appear rude, but there has to be a point to this. 

At present, all we know is a chap named Andy took his motorhome, make/model unknown, to an unidentified firm, in a place no-one has heard of, to have some water ingress somewhere on his van fixed, and the repairer caused some damage.  Until you fill in some of the blanks, no-one else is any the wiser and no-one can offer any advice. 

However, in the meantime, and possibly more productive than posting on here, it seems you need to take the van back and complain to the repairer!  Have you paid him?  If so, why?

Thanks your replies.

I do mean North Herts (quite a bit north of Harlow)

The repair was to the inaccesible back of the van behind the washroom area and I was told that the sealant round the bike rack had failed and allowed water to enter.

I had to pay for the repairs before they would let me collect the van and I found some of their errors only later. Some were fixed on returning the van but I still have not had an adequate reply to a letter that I sent to the manager.

I was just wondering if this sort of work quality was the norm or whether I was unlucky.

I was reluctant to name the company in case there were to be any repercussions on the forum - I don't want to cause trouble. Anyone in North Herts will probably be able to guess who I am referring to so I thought I'd stop there. In case I need any repairs in the future, does anyone know of a reliable company arounf North Hertfordshire?

Archived