Fitting costs?

Randonneur

Does anyone know approximately how much it would cost to 'fit only' a fully automatic satellite dish? We may have the opportunity to buy an Alden system but the price wouldn't include fitting. We wouldn't need to have the hole cut in the roof as we already have a dish pole in the wardrobe and also a 12 volt source that could be utilised.

Randonneur - 2007-05-12 12:36 PM Does anyone know approximately how much it would cost to 'fit only' a fully automatic satellite dish? We may have the opportunity to buy an Alden system but the price wouldn't include fitting. We wouldn't need to have the hole cut in the roof as we already have a dish pole in the wardrobe and also a 12 volt source that could be utilised.

Just to give you an idea, Transleisure quote a price of £400 for transferring a fully automatic system to a new van.

This includes all new wiring and dish base plate, apparantly they leave all the old wiring in the old van (for obvious reasons).

I'm not  sure whether they would do this for a system that they hadn't originally supplied, but at least it gives you an idea of price.

Dave Newell should have a more accurate answer, he probably would do the job. I think that he's in mac and wellies at Newbury at the moment. 

Randonneur - 2007-05-12 12:36 PM

Does anyone know approximately how much it would cost to 'fit only' a fully automatic satellite dish? We may have the opportunity to buy an Alden system but the price wouldn't include fitting. We wouldn't need to have the hole cut in the roof as we already have a dish pole in the wardrobe and also a 12 volt source that could be utilised.

Randonneur

We had ours checked out by a Robert Jackson, near where we live in west yorks.

Very good and also very reasonable. I have his number and contact details if you wish to contact him.

Hope this helps

Thai

Archived